Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The repeated tales of a Gas Station Deli...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The repeated tales of a Gas Station Deli...

At my dual gas station job I have to deal with deli food. (Dual in that I work for both stores of the company)

At store 1 we have numerous SCs, but one in particular has taken a hatred towards me for some odd reason.

Day 6 on the job

SC: I had a call in order (I HATE HATE HATE HATE those simply because they show up 2 minutes later every time no fail)
    Me: Alright. Let me run back and bring the food up here.
    SC: Ok.
    Me: Alright fries, a burger, and two hot dogs. that'll be $x.xx
    SC: I only ordered the wieners. not the buns
    Me: Its the same price (it actually is...)
    SC: I will not pay the full price since I didn't get the right order.
    Me: Well the order taken down said 2 hot dogs plain. This has 2 hot dogs plain
    SC: I didn't order the bun. Whatever.

She finally pays... exactly 8 minutes later she calls back in demanding to talk to my boss as there was a long black hair in her food. Typical lie. I have short brown hair. Long story short she complains to the boss, gets her first meal free due to a refund as well as a replacement meal a few days later.

Round 2. At this point its been about 8 months and the deli had been remodeled. The first shift staff was very lazy and lead to this new confrontation.

SC: I need 14 hot dogs. Blah blah blah (complicated ordered including one we don't actually serve.
    Me upon realizing that the last order of 8 hot dogs used up all we had hot and most of the hot chili: That'll be a few minutes.
    SC: That's okay. You're not that other guy I like you... (there is no other male employee)
    Me: Uhm, okay.
    15 minutes later after scrambling to make all the hot dogs and such.
    SC: That took long enough didn't it.
    ME: Yeah, sorry about that the first shift didn't leave anything to work with. (they didn't i had to thaw out a whole block of hotdogs and repeated heat the dogs and chili which was refrigerated)

Well what do ya know. 20 minutes later, she calls back in. This time ALL of her food was cold. Even the chili cheese dog that I nuked to the point of not being able to handle. Sure it didn't help that she had a 30 minute drive home. Sure enough she talks to the boss and gets her meal comped.

And on the lighter side:

Bossman: You mean that large woman?
    His friend: Oh yeah, I remember her. The ground shakes when she walks
    Me: Yeah, glasses of water shake when she enters the room.
    His friend: You cannot make jokes about customers. That crossed the line. What if he heard you?
    Me: She's about 3 feet away from you
    His friend: She's three feet away from everybody
    Me: No, shes actually right behind you trying to get in the door
    His Friend: Well just don't make any fat jokes. You know those are rude.

Please note his friend is the store accountant/bank runner/handyman/stocker and is fully employeed but with 100% job security.

I fully sympathize; hot dogs have been ruining my work life for years.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We recently upgraded the deli into a Chester's Fried Chicken to go stand. Sure enough we have a hot food case loaded down with chicken.

At 7:48 pm, 12 minutes before the deli closes, a man comes into to order an 8 piece to go box. Which in simple terms is 2x wing,breast, thigh, leg and sure enough we still have a hot case with chicken, but it only has legs, thighs, and breasts. That's right we're missing two wings since the last customer ordered 6 of them (we keep about 3 birds worth hot at any given time). So enter the SC

SC: I'd like an 8 piece.
      Me upon checking: Sir we're short 2 wings
      SC: thats ok, you can make me some fresh
      Me: that'll take about 15 minutes
      SC: Thats ok. Just go ahead and make me a whole order fresh while your at it

I hate when they dictate which parts of the food we serve they get. Not only did he refuse to take fresh wings or even tenders in their place. He demanded a whole order freshly cooked. Sure enough he tried to make a 2nd order of side items fresh right after i began to break down the food case. Joke was on him since I pointed out the "Served til 8 sign" and it was 8:01. Guess you catch more flies with honey rather than an elitist demanding attitude

Comment

Working...
      X