X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overweight people should not work in retail

So says a customer.

I was the lucky one who first had to take the call from this "man" than I had to deal with him in person. FYI I am also a big woman.

First comes the call........
    SC-Yes I was back in the bike area today getting a bike. I think it is horrible and not fair to the customers that you have "those type of girls working back there"

Me-sir what type do you mean.

Sir- You know fat whales. Both the girls working back there are fat and they had to help me get a bike. 1st off you should have a male back there. Second off those girls don't deserve to be back there.

Me-Sir I know the ladies you are talking about and they are great. I don't really see the issue.

Sir-the issue is they are too big to do the job. I thought they would have a heart attack.

Me-Sir is there a certain reason you called or was it just to complain about the size of someone?

Sir-Oh well I hated that I had to wait for a bike and I think it may be broken. I want it looked at by a professional and I want the store to pay for it.

Me-Ok sir let me transfer you to a manager.

Manager told him to bring it in and one of our guys will look it over.

Guy comes in. Now let me tell you that he is nothing special. He isn't nice to look at at all. I am also a big woman so this didn't end well.

SC-Yes I am the one that called about the bike.

Me-Ok I called the bike guy up. He came took the bike and looked it over.

SC-(to my male coworker) You must feel out of place working here. This store is full of nothing but fat beached whales.

CW-Dude just shut up.

SC-How can you stand seeing this fat girl all day?(meaning me)

CW-She is the nicest person I have ever worked with. She is caring and sweet and just a great person. She is also beautiful. If I was not engaged I would probably ask her out.
    -This is nothing new from CW he has always told me out great he thinks I am. He gets mad if I put myself down.

SC-Eww thats nasty. I wouldn't care how hard up I am I would never date a fat thing like that.

MNGR-Here is your bike sir and I suggest you leave my store before I kick you out. If you don't leave I will call the cops and have you arrested.

SC left mumbling to him self.

i hope his seat falls off, just before he sits down to ride

what a douchebucket
    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Whatever did that poor bike do to deserve a big ass like him riding on it?

Is is so very wrong that I hope while he's out riding around a truck full of lard wrecks in front of him and he gains 300lbs from it?
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
        So says a customer.
        SC-How can you stand seeing this fat girl all day?(meaning me)
        Knowing that you're the alternative helps.

SC has a long lonely life ahead of him, by the sounds of it.
        What about his life prior to this? How do people like this ever get enough money to purchase and maintain a bike in a world where they inevitably have to interact with people of all types and builds?

Comment

Unfortunately, prejudice against the obese (or just overweight) is the last "acceptable" prejudice. I experience it myself often--hiring managers suddenly losing interest in talking to me after seeing my weight, whispers and glances from people, rude comments. It happens. I'm sorry you and your coworkers had to put up with that crap. At least you have a manager willing to go to bat over it.

Comment

Wow, what an ass.

I always have to wonder about people like this, and why they think it's acceptable to treat people so terribly. Since you say he wasn't much to look at, I'm guessing putting others down for their appearance makes him feel better about his own looks.

I'm sorry you had to deal with such and asshat, but I'm glad you have such supportive co-workers

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
              Guy comes in. Now let me tell you that he is nothing special. He isn't nice to look at at all.
              SC-(to my male coworker) ...This store is full of nothing but fat beached whales.
              "Hi, I'm the Kettle. You must be the Pot." Funny how it's always some butt-ugly creep who's the first to make fun of someone else's appearance.

Kudos to your coworker and manager for standing up for you. And a big to that obnoxious jerk.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                Unfortunately, prejudice against the obese (or just overweight) is the last "acceptable" prejudice. I experience it myself often--hiring managers suddenly losing interest in talking to me after seeing my weight, whispers and glances from people, rude comments. It happens. I'm sorry you and your coworkers had to put up with that crap. At least you have a manager willing to go to bat over it.
                I have to wonder what they expect obese people to do: sit in front of the couch all day?

Obese =/= lazy. (Hell, I TECHNICALLY fall into the parameters of "obese" by BMI standards but I am fairly active)
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I wouldn't trust BMI readings as far as I could throw them. They do not take into account muscle mass or lifestyle - Rugby players, boxers and several other types of sports athetes would be considered "overweight" or "obese" if you went purely by BMI standards due to their muscle mass.
                  Violets are blue,
                  Roses are red,
                  I bequeath to thee...
                  A boot to the head >_>

Comment

What an utter douche!

This kind of mentality floors me, always has. I'm on the heavy side myself and I've always been able to work circles around thinner, and younger, co-workers. That said, body shape and size in either direction is in no way an indicator of a person's ability to do their job.

It's always seemed to me that the idiots who do stuff like this are overcompensating for their own massive self-image issues. Makes me want to smack the lot of them with a clue-by-four.

Comment

That customer deserves the classic "Yes I'm fat, but you're rude, and I can go on a diet" line.

I hope that when he's out biking, a certain multi-ton British gal hits him. I believe her name is "Lori".
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                        prejudice against the obese (or just overweight) is the last "acceptable" prejudice.
                        As a smoker, I beg to differ. But your point is well taken, and that prejudice is especially unfair given how many people aren't obese because of lifestyle choices.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          As a smoker, I beg to differ. But your point is well taken, and that prejudice is especially unfair given how many people aren't obese because of lifestyle choices.
                          Try being a fat smoker!

Comment

"You wouldn't want me to lose my job. I wouldn't make any money, and then I'd have to go hungry, and I might get the munchies and eat *you*."

Comment

Take pity on the poor fucker. He's probably ugly as hell and feels superior if he picks on someone else he feels is "below" him.

Maybe someone should have said "Bones are for dogs, meat is for men."
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X