Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IANAL, but I'm training to become a solicitor and I can tell you that whoever yanked your hair did indeed commit physical assault under s.39 Criminal Justice Act 1988. He inflicted unlawful personal force on you (it does not matter that you were not injured) and he definitely intended to do it from the sound of it. That's nothing new to you though.

I hope I can provide some good news when I say that, even though you may not be sure which one did it, you can press charges against the customer whose details you do have as an accomplice under s.8 Accessories and Abettors Act 1861.

It is a crime to aid, abet, counsel or procure a crime (in this case, the assault). From the sound of it, the trade customer abetted his friend in the hair pulling. Abettors can be punished just as if they had committed the crime themselves (s.44 Magistrates' Court Act 1980).

PLEASE bear in mind that I am not telling you what to do and to ALWAYS get any legal stuff checked out by a qualified lawyer. I'm taking exams in order to get a qualification that states that I can start getting qualified to be a solicitor. I am not qualified in ANY way. I just have my criminal exam tomorrow and thought I might be able to provide you with a little bit of good news.
    Fujoshi and Proud

Comment

Kudos to your supervisor for doing the job his managers failed to do. Here's hoping he has a little "chat" with them on the subject.
      Quoth XCashier View Post
      Wouldn't recommend it. She might aim too low and do a Sweeney Todd on him...not that he wouldn't deserve it...
      "At last! My arm is complete!"

Quoth wolfie View Post
      LRR is in Britain. No personal experience, but I've heard that while there's an organization in Britain going by the name "Hell's Angels"...
      Well, they do have the Hell's Grannies...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

out of curiosity can you go to the police anyway and report the assault? explain to them when and where it happened and then have THEM contact the store for the footage.

i ask cos if you go to the store yourself they may say "no" but...can they say "no" to the cops?

Comment

I've had a customer pull my hair once. He was a regular, and an older customer. I think he was doing it to be playful, since I normally had my hair in a bun but had put it in a ponytail that day and it was pretty curly. That said, it HURT and if I hadn't planned on leaving that job soon, I would have been a bit harsher.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            His face will be relocated to the back of his skull, and IMO it'll be we'll deserved since you don't fuck with bikers.
            That and an instant sex change operation as well, I would think.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sadly, the camera didn't actually catch the event after all that, so there's no evidence, and no one is bothering to do anything about it.

Then today, this happened. Copied and pasted from my facebook:

So, I was DONE with my job on Monday, as I worded it, my bullshit tolerance level was at maximum capacity; it could not get any fuller! Today, it officially overflowed, and quite frankly, I should be awarded a medal for not swearing more, walking out, or punching people in the face.
              2 customers came through my checkout. One of them made that time-old money joke (AGAIN) and when I failed to laugh or make any response but continue the transaction, he just HAD to comment on it. Snarkily, he said "It was a bloody joke, love, LAUGH!"
              So I said, with a sigh, and politely "Look, not being funny, but I hear that joke 20 times a day, and I've heard it every day for the last 6 years; I just don't find it funny anymore."
              He said nothing, but his friend kicked off, and started having a go ar me, and saying I was rude. I tried to interrupt by saying "I'm not being rude or arguing with you, I'm being polite" but he talked over me, so I just decided to ignore him and finish the transaction.
              Minutes later he PHONED the store to complain about me.
              10 minutes after the transaction, I was taken off the till and reprimanded for being "rude" to customers, and lectured on how I need to "grin and bear it" and how I "don't have it as bad" etc. I tried to give my side of the story, but my supervisor doesn't believe me, and insists I MUST have been rude to the petty stupid bastard.
              I've told her I'm seeing the doctor because I'm fearing a mental breakdown, but she just tried to sort of guilt trip me into doing what she says by saying how they've been so nice to me by not making me work refunds quite so much and that if I have another incident like monday's I should call someone because "We will look after you".
              Really? Where the fuck were you on Monday then?

Yeah...needless to say, fuck this, finding another job.

Having been made redundant, I won't just quit on Monday. BUT. If the doctor doesn't sign me off sick for stress and depression when I see him next Friday, and something like this happens again, I will walk.

Comment

Take it up with whoever your supervisor's boss is. You might be quitting your job but you can at least make sure your sup gets reprimanded for being an idiot who refuses to listen to their employees.

Comment

Working...
                X