Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, geez...at one supermarket I'm the "<something> guy"...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, geez...at one supermarket I'm the "<something> guy"...

And it was completely unintentional.

<background>
    I am/was a fan of the U.S. version of the television show "The Office". Those of you familiar with the show know that on occasion, Michael Scott would use the phrase "That's what she said" (or, in the U.K. version of the show, David Brent's "As the actress said to the Bishop"), during a perceived (or intentional) double entendre, to try to get a laugh.

Anyway, I would occasionally do this myself. And two stories stick out.

1. I was at a supermarket deli counter, and I had ordered about a pound and a half of roast beef. As the lady is putting the roast beef on the scale, I say, "Wow, look at all that meat...that's what she said!" It just kind of came out, and got some giggles.

2. I was at a local Mexican restaurant and ordered a dish that had a fairly large burrito. Well, when they brought it to me and put it on the table, I said "Wow, look at the size of that thing...that's what she said!" I think the waiter was giggling as he walked away. Again, it just kind of came out.

My wife was there for both instances (this is important), and she kinda giggled both times, too.
    </background>

Well, recently they built a new Supermarket in our town. Well, the Mrs. and I went there to check it out, and we bought some meat. When the cashier girl was checking out our items, something that I don't immediately recall happened with the meat. My wife said something double entendre-ish about the meat, and then looked at me and said, "That's what she said, right??"

I said, "Well, I was thinking it, but I wasn't actually gonna say it."

The cashier girl looked confused, so we had to explain the whole "That's what she said" thing to the girl, who I think found it amusing.

Fast forward to yesterday, and we went in to pick up just a couple of things. Well, lo and behold, we end up in her checkout line again, purely by accident. She looks at me, and says, "I recognize you! You're the 'That's what she said' guy!"

She then told the bagger (since I guess it had gotten around).

So now, it seems at that store, at least while that particular cashier is working, that I'm the "That's what she said" guy...

Ugh...but hey, I did it to myself.
    Last edited by mjr; 06-23-2013, 12:56 PM.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.
Working...
X