This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to move a bird house

I recently moved, but the bird house in my backyard is occupied. I don't want to disrupt them, but I think the managment company will just throw the house out and kill the birds.
    How do I move them with as little disruption as possible?

It'd be very difficult. You'd need to capture the adult birds and move them together with the nest. Birds have no sense of smell and will not be able to find their babies again, they recognize the nest by position. Actually, I'm not sure if it'd work at all, might not work for some species.

Comment

You don't.

I would just leave it. Odds are the management company won't bother it. They'll be more focused on the condition of the house and the yard than a bird house.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Birds are also territorial. Even if you could move the parents and the babies to a new area, it might be the territory of another pair of the same species, and they would try to drive the interlopers out.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If it's one of the native species of your ecosystem, contact a local wildlife rehab or wildlife rescue. They'll have the most accurate information - anything I could tell you would be a guess.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Talk to management and ask them to hold off until autumn when the birdhouse is abandoned. If there's no emergency then there's no reason to move it while it's occupied.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
            X