This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
    If this person is NOT their agent in all matters pertaining to the development, I'll want to run this up his office's chain of command.
    Exactly what I'm implying. It's possible that *ahem* "ChillyWatersource MoneyPlace" may not be authorized to speak for the widow at all.

And yes, doing the cleanup first would probably be wise. Then take a shot of your nice clean lawn with the CB neighboring hell-property in the same shot.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      Are you any sort of minority? Or no, barring that even, it may be your special needs children. Having grown up around such men, I can safely say they generally don't like "those" people either.
      Nope, just your average Caucasian. But being discriminatory about who you sell to based on race is a BIG no no. This is just something they mentioned in passing during one of the times they had a lot being built up.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

UPDATE: He called and left a message back. And COMPLETELY missed the point I was trying to make. He informed me in this message that:
        • It's completely fine for him to be on the division road (well fucking duh numbnuts, I never claimed it wasn't).
        • Never had any plans to come onto my property (really? That note seemed threatening to me).
        • It's completely legal for notices of non-compliance for HOA or covenant rules (WE HAVE NO HOA DOUCHE McGEE! And jury is still out on placing things in my mailbox)
        • It's because my lot is a health hazard (when did this change from breaking a covenant?)
        • Never addressed any of the questions about what covenant I supposedly broke

I suppose I'll have another update tomorrow when I call for some playtime with my new friend.
        The weight on me

Comment

But the one that got me, and really turned me off, was they had listed that you MUST mechanically edge your sidewalk xx amount of times annually.
          There's one way to get around that....just edge the sidewalk on consecutive days for X amount and video it for documentation. That way, when the HOA raises hell, you have proof that you complied.

Comment

I answered about the rules of the mailbox.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              I answered about the rules of the mailbox.
              Aye. He still claims it is legal. But hey, there's a statute for that. I am SO looking forward to calling this douche tomorrow! It's seriously the highlight of my morning .

And though you cannot see it, there's a great talk amongst my friends on FB. It turns out that if this douche is a "Realtor" and not just a real estate agent... he is in a WORLD of shit. It's a hugely fucking big no no to bully neighboring properties into making the sale of your property easier. Like, you lose your license no no.

I am SO looking forward to this! Does that make me a bad person??
              The weight on me

Comment

I am SO looking forward to this! Does that make me a bad person??
                Not at all, Oph. Not at all.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

For those wondering what the fuss is about, links to my front and back yard (the Toyota is mine, the truck is one of my neighbor kid's). It may have been slightly messier at the time the dude was around, as like I said, we were in the process of cleaning.

I didn't just link them as an image... cuz I'm lazy/busy and just plain didn't feel like knocking them down to 640x480 or the like .

Front yard
                  Back yard
                  Back yard
                  Back yard
                  The weight on me

Comment

For those wondering what the fuss is about, links to my front and back yard (the Toyota is mine, the truck is one of my neighbor kid's). It may have been slightly messier at the time the dude was around, as like I said, we were in the process of cleaning.
                    What the fuck was he on about, then? Okay, the car parked on the grass, I can sort of see, ditto the dirt/mud patch in the back yard, but seriously?

Mr. Coldwell Bank Realtor or whoever the fuck he is can bend over and fuck his own face. I figured it'd be a lot worse than that.

It's not your job to sell his property. Fuck him.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The reason for that dirty fenced in area is that's where the dogs do their business . And more to the point, it's in the back yard. Say what you will about the south, but the back yard is NOT to be fucked with. The front is supposed to look prim and proper, but the backyard is for playing.

Usually my car is in the garage... but the truck was in the way. There's actually a Charger back behind it as well. But again, not my car, and just there while my wife and friend are out. I'm truly at a loss as to what this dudes issue is. Other than I had some trash bags out waiting to go to the dump when he popped by? I just... well, re-iterate, look very much forward to talking to him again .
                      The weight on me

Comment

I figure as long as you keep the backyard mowed and it doesn't look like a toy factory disassembled (NO DISASSEMBLE! D8) there, it shouldn't be complained about.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Oph -- When it comes to US postal stuff, Aethian would be the local authority

Heck, there have been places I've worked at before, where part of the job was delivering fliers from time to time -- the biggest thing they emphasized with us was to NEVER put anything inside a mailbox/slot, for the reasons covered above. They'd rather we not leave a flyer than do that.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Don't have much to add beyond I'm bringing popcorn to your next smack down, but I will say, I love your house. The grass is a little high, but so what? It's not to seed yet. Maybe you need to clarify a few facts of life to your "friend"
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                              Don't have much to add beyond I'm bringing popcorn to your next smack down, but I will say, I love your house. The grass is a little high, but so what? It's not to seed yet. Maybe you need to clarify a few facts of life to your "friend"
                              Thanks. It works, but we're out growing it a smidge. We are one of the few that didn't upgrade to the 2500+ foot monsters during the mid 2000's, but instead ended up in what we could actually afford .
                              The weight on me

Comment

Well, final update for now I suppose. I pressed him on the fact that it's illegal to put things in my mailbox ("No it's not, any subdivision or HOA information is legal") and that we don't have an HOA as the first item on my agenda. "I don't have time to argue you with you about it, are you going to clean it up?" was his response. It also appears that of the new houses that went in two summers ago, the builder broke the code for the neighborhood and didn't pave the driveways. Hah, good luck with that. It's poured cement... maybe 15 homes that were done without it. I doubt some builder is going to willing fork out that kind of cash.

I haz a sad as I couldn't really get rolling on the guy... and I'm trying to track down the widow yet. I tried calling USPS, but I don't have a local number (which appears to be by design). So two calls I need to make yet are to the Realtor board and to the correct USPS person.
                                The weight on me

Comment

Working...
                                X