Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is more to this story then meets the eye.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is more to this story then meets the eye.

So I think this would be the correct place to put this... I didn't see it but it was in the local newspaper. It was in police beat, which is where they post police calls and arrests. So this was at one of the local tv repair places. All it said was employee threw customers debit card at him and it hit him in the face. Customer decided not to press charges. I bet the customer didn't like the charges to fix his tv and proceeded to call employee every name in the book and insult the employees intelligence. And when the police showed up oh poor little customer couldn't understand why he had been treated so badly. And the reason why no charges... cause the customer knew he was in the wrong.

Okay......

Comment

That's a lot of assumptions...
      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
      ~-~
      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        So this was at one of the local tv repair places. All it said was employee threw customers debit card at him and it hit him in the face. Customer decided not to press charges.
        Two more possibilities:

The customer threw the debit card at the employee, and the card bounced off the employee (or something else) and hit the customer.

The customer threw the debit card at the employee, and the employee threw it back.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Mere speculation based on very little evidence.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

True, but also shrewd deductions based on the many card throwing incidents, and fantasized responses thereto, posted on this very forum. Where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

So your paper posts...potential crimes? Because if they didn't press charges, then it isn't officially a crime, right? You never see something like that in our paper, but then again, we have a lot of crime here.

Personally, I hold the employee accountable, though I'm curious if the card was hurled with enough force or accuracy to cause injury. It hit the customer's face. Unless it was in self defense, that's crossing a line.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Moved because it wasn't seen personally, it came from the local paper.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                X