This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 days until Game of Thrones!!!

Anyone else as excited about this as the hubby and I are? We're actually subscribing to HBO just for this show! Yeah, we're dorks.

WARNING: lots graphic violence in this clip.

First 12 minutes of the HBO series Game of Thrones (premiers April 17th) based on George R R Martin's book series A Song of Ice and Fire.

It looks truly awesome! I just can't wait! 12 days gives me *just* enough time to reread the first book in the series (for which the TV show is named).

If you haven't read these books, I *highly* recommend them, even if you're not normally into "fantasy" as they are more of a historical political intrigue set in a fantasy world (at least that's how my hubster described them when he first lent me the books).

Oh, and if you're a fan of Sean Bean, he's playing a major character.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

We don't have cable!!! But brother-in-law suggested that next time we visit the in-laws, we get HBO On-Demand so we can all watch it (he loves the books too).

I am reserving judgment until I watch it; sure, it looks stylish and cool, but lots of things look good until the characters open their mouths. I rather think the man hired to play Sandor (my favorite character) is too good-looking, but we'll see what Makeup does for him!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I don't have tv

Any word on if they're going to be online anywhere?
      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Yep, my boyfriend has about 8 reminders all around the house, plus has set up an e-mail alert from Sky (we're in the UK so we get it the day after I think).

I've not read the books yet - I'm waiting to see if he finishes the series first!
        "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Yup, the hubby is excited. There was a pretty good article in April 8th's issue of Entertainment Weekly.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
          X