Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you act like a child you get treated like a child.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you act like a child you get treated like a child.

This isn't so much a sucky customer as this particular service is offered for free, but it still counts.

As I've mentioned a couple of times before I do reception at a major food bank in my city twice a week. Yesterday at about 4:15 (the office closes at 4:30) I get this call.
    Please note that from the very second he opened his mouth he was snotty and sarcastic.

Me: Good afternoon, <food bank>.
    Him: Yeah, I need to talk to a supervisor.
    Me: Ok, in which department?
    Him: Any department.
    Me: Well, if I transfer you to the wrong department they may not be able to help you. What is this regarding?
    Him: You.
    Me: Me?
    Him: Your food bank.
    Me: This particular one, or one that works under our guidelines? (People generally seem to be under the assumption that every food bank in this city is "our" food bank, when in reality they are their own independent food bank that just works under our guidelines and receives food from us, as we are the main distribution location.)
    Him: THAT ONE!
    Me: Ok, and what's the issue?
    Him: I want to talk to the person who would take calls from someone who wanted to ask, "Hey, what's up with that?"
    Me: So this is a complaint?
    Him: Just get me a supervisor.
    Me: Ok, but unless you tell me what it's about specifically I can't---
    Him: JUST GET ME SOMEONE THAT'S HIGHER UP TH---

This is where I cut him off by hitting the transfer button, which immediately gave him that little hold beep. No effing way am I going to let some kid who sounded like he was 16 bitch at me for goodness knows what.
    I transferred him to dispatch.
    Can they help him? Likely not, unless he has a problem with one of the truck drivers.
    But like he asked, I did transfer him to a supervisor.
    Last edited by rerant; 06-18-2008, 04:45 PM.

Startin 'em young, nowadays. Hope he wises up. Well all know that won't happen, though.
    Reminds me of the little girl in the beauty salon in a recent post, "My Mom says you have to help me!"
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
      Startin 'em young, nowadays. Hope he wises up. Well all know that won't happen, though.
      Reminds me of the little girl in the beauty salon in a recent post, "My Mom says you have to help me!"

He may eventually relent his SC ways. I'm sorry to say I was myself an SC when I was a teenager. I wish I coud go back and apologize to everyone victimized by my immaturity. When I got a job waitressing, I learned my lesson and grew some common sense real quick.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
        I wish I could go back and apologize to everyone victimized by my immaturity.
        That sounds like the premise of My Name Is Earl.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That would be a great episode too. Earl having to track down some phone center worker to make right the way he treated them in the past.

Comment

Working...
          X