Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Birds of the Air Proclaim Your Name...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Yuck View Post
    Then I'm guessing you're talking about The Nelson. Great museum!!
    Yes!! I loves it big time. I love just sitting in the little Buddhist temple thingy. When I needed to write a piece for a play about South Africa, I just went to the African art section and hung out with it for awhile, then wrote. I haven't been to the modern art monstrosity they've attached to it though.

(For clarification: The Nelson - I can't remember the full name - is this massive art museum with everything from Egyptian statues to Monet/Manet, Picasso, and one of the largest collections of Chinese art outside of China. The building is absolutely beautiful - old granite, columns, so pretty. They built a seperate but connected building for more 'modern' art. It looks like somebody pulled some trailers up beside the original building and put searchlights on them.)

Sorry about the massive OT.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Kalga View Post
      I can't really see the problem here. As far as I can tell, he was nice and polite about asking for it. And a used copy at that. It's like the nice 35 dollar books my local library is giving out for free, because no one reads them. A lot of them are dirty, grimy, old, and destroyed. That's why they're free. If it's going to the trash anyway, and he's donated millions, why not just let him have it?

However, if he had asked for a new one...whole different story...
      I'm totally with you on this.
      If something is going to end up in the trash anyway then what's the harm in giving it to someone who asks for it, regardless as to how much money, if at all, they've donated?
      This is what blew my mind when my friend who used to work in a bookstore told me that when returns are made they tear off the cover, send it back and toss the book.
      Why not give the books away? They're going to be recycled anyway, so why not recycle them in their whole form so someone can enjoy them?

Some things will never make sense to me, no matter how much logic of dollars and cents you put behind it.

Comment

Working...
      X