This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth iradney View Post
    At my school, you got detention. Detention would either be picking up litter or cleaning the home ec class, or if you were REALLY bad, scrubbing the toilets
    Not alot of ppl tried to cheat with their projects, lemme tell you
    At my school, it could be litter pickup or writing out a section of a book. Not lines; but literally copying out part of a textbook or something. If you were caught chewing gum, you'd get detention scraping all the old gum off from under the desks.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

What... Did every library in the surrounding 1199 miles turn his dumb request down?

Was he to stupid to do it himself, or just steal it off the net?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_aqueduct Look it even has references and works cited.
      "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I thought I was the only one that thought that movie sucked. Hamlet and Macbeth are my two favorite works from Shakespeare. The best movie adaptation for Hamlet was the one with Glenn Close and Mel Gibson. I have yet to see a movie adaptation for Macbeth.
        I can heartily reccomend the one directed by Roman Polanski.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067372/ for details. The small detail of it being produced by Playboy shouldn't put anyone off - it's reasonably faithful to the original.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
          Well, if she makes it all the way into college, and Daddy is still doing Precious' homework for her...
          That's the funny part about the original OP. Daddy WASN'T doing the homework for her. He was trying to get SOMEONE ELSE to do the homework for her, in this case the OP! Cheating, twice removed......

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
          ...how will little dittims be able to answer a teachers question if they have not done the research themselves.
          Answer: they won't. This is an example of Darwin's Survival of the Fittest!

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
          Actually the top of the class.... head cheater.... is now a lawyer....
          Is ANYONE surprised by this?

Quoth Nox View Post
          There is a boy in my school who was top of our year in four subjects during exams, without any sort of cheating. What's more, he showed up just in time for an exam and left an hour early, and got the highest grade in the year.
          I did something like that once. Woke up at 12:56 for a 12:40 biology exam in college. There were NO makeups allowed in that class, short of death or dismemberment, so as soon as I woke up and saw the clock, I MOVED. By 12:57 I was dressed, out the door, and on my bicycle flying to class. Got to class about 1:05. Class ended at 1:30....but by then I had already finished, ahead of some of the people who had been there since 12:40.

I aced it.

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
          That being said that father needs to be introduced to a book shot out of a canon. What he wanted is a.) illegal last I checked...
          Actually, I don't think it is technically against the LAW, just against the rules of the SCHOOL. Of course, as always, I reserve the right to be painfully and disturbingly wrong.

Quoth Geek King View Post
          How about starting with the movies based on his works? There is of course Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet, but there have also been good versions of MacBeth, Julius Ceasar, and the Tempest made over the years. I'm sure there are others too.
          Let's not forget the most recent remake of Taming of the Shrew: that wonderful Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles collaboration, Ten Things I Hate About You. Say what you will, but it IS a pretty damn good modern remake that stays faithful in spirit to the original.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          I have yet to see a movie adaptation for Macbeth.
          I saw one in my high school English class, junior year. I believe it was the one that Raps referenced.

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
          And heck, I typed myself, even though I wanted to go to sleep and it's 2am and I'm still typing. I'm not getting my mom to do it for me...
          I really don't see a huge problem with a parent helping a child with the TYPING of something the child WROTE. Unless, of course, it's for a typing class!

After all, the child DID the important work.

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
          I also hate these people who come in who can't "type worth a sniff" and want me to type for them. The keyboard has letters, if you can read you can type. I don't have the time to type up someone's resume.
          Hell, it's people like that who made me extra beer money in college. I would type up huge term papers for them, even correcting spelling errors.

To be honest, I even WROTE a few papers for people, though never any major term papers, just some minor essays. Hey, it's capitalism, baby. If they want to pay me for my writing talents, fine. I even guaranteed them at least a B. (I never had to refund money, either!)

Quoth Samaliel View Post
          One of my dad's teachers knew that and devised a very smart and evil workaround.

Try holding several pens at the same time when you have to write 100 lines with vowels in red and consonants in green.
          Okay, now that is just EVIL!
          Last edited by Jester; 06-17-2008, 07:31 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay, now that is just EVIL!
            I said it was. I think even 30 lines with that method got the point through even the thickest skulls.

One day, when I was in high school, I got detention for throwing a lot of paper planes from the highest window of the school. Spent a few hours cleaning tables. It was quite fun, actually, but the mark on my monthly report not so much.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I had to write sentences in 3rd grade because I stole some chalk and got caught. Yes, the teacher counted how many lines I wrote to make sure I wrote the 100 I was suppose to write.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

All this talk of movie adaptations of Shakespeare, and no one has mentioned the famous sci-fi version of The Tempest? Inconceivable! I refer to, of course, Forbidden Planet.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                X