• We do not sell that product here

I work in a hardware store.

We do not sell the following -

600 count cotton sheets
    Baby formula
    Ink Cartridges
    Finger Paints
    Blenders
    Starbucks coffee (we do actually sell coffee, but it's the type that can clean the rust off a lawnmower)
    Turkey basting bags
    Frozen Fish
    Nitroglycerin

Please update your records accordingly.

I believe I speak for a large group of people when I ask this.

What.

Congrats. You have shreaded all faith in humanity I gained after it being shreaded. You are number 14.

Comment

Nitro?!?! WTF? Did you call 911 after that request?

Comment

Quoth Zyanya View Post
        Blenders
        Turkey basting bags
        The hardware store here sells these.

Comment

My hardware store sells turkey fryers too.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Zyanya View Post

600 count cotton sheets
            Frozen Fish
            Nitroglycerin
            The entire list is odd, but these are the big three that make me go "buh?"

Right then. Records updated successfully.

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
              Nitro?!?! WTF? Did you call 911 after that request?
              See, what I pictured--was someone like my grandmother--thinking--for some odd reason, that she could get her prescriptions filled at the hardware store, and getting her glycerin filled.

Not the blow stuff up kind...

Hardware store person, do you ever tell you customers "You should try...Michaels... they might have that..."
              Which becomes "but they told me at HARDWARE Store that ya'll had this!"

hehe.
              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

This makes me want to open up my own shop with the most random things as possible.

Toilet paper, paddle balls, wrenches, motorbikes, cooking spray, vcrs, with a built in post office and taco stand.

Comment

So...walmart?

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                    So...walmart?
                    Nuh-uhh. Wal-Mart has a Subway.

At least the one in my city does.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Lucky git! My wal-mart has a nasty McDonalds in it.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Hehe.

Our walmart had subway, then something happened, and there is no subway anymore.

Other walmarts near by have Mickey D's in 'em.

Comment

Quoth lightmylamb View Post
                          The hardware store here sells these.
                          One of my local hardware stores does sell blenders and small appliances, but the other ones such as sheets and ink seem odd. The most computer related stuff I have seen at a hardware store was the wall plates to cover phone and data drops.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                            One of my local hardware stores does sell blenders and small appliances, but the other ones such as sheets and ink seem odd. The most computer related stuff I have seen at a hardware store was the wall plates to cover phone and data drops.
                            There are a few I consider understandable, but a couple of them made the list because inevitably, after I respond with 'I'm sorry, but we don't carry that', the person argues with me about it.

The big pain is also the 'but you have it on your website'. And we do. And right there, next to the ad for it on the website are the big bold words 'ONLINE ONLY'.

And I don't count things like the frazzled woman following her husband around the store leaning over to quietly ask me 'by any remote chance, do you sell tampons here?'. Nope, but I was happy to sneak her one out of my purse.

Comment

Working...
                            X