X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress. Stress. Stress.

Again, if in wrong area, I'm sorry

Not many people know or care about me on here, but that is fine. Better to rant here than facebook.

My only surviving grandparent is in the hospital. She is a stubborn old lady, but when she was at home, even with her day helper and her niece taking care of her, she was refusing to eat. Saying how she was too tired to eat. She is 81 this year, but has a history of bad health. She was quoted as saying she just wants to hurry up and die and get it over with. And it makes me sad. And it hurts to hear that, but I can't blame her. Old, tired, can't control her bowels or much else anymore. (Although she had to be restrained cause even though she can't walk, she was trying to CRAWL to escape and did kick and hit the nurse.)

Then there is work. They keep cutting hours, and I am trying to find that second job but fuck, in gold old Spanish word for Ash Tree, that isn't easy.

I need the money to live, and to go to Japan to interpret. I'd be paid while doing it, but the ticket to get there is all on my own. This is my dream job, so this is a big thing for me as well...

Then my mother keeps going to hospital, due to complications from her second stroke. Then father is sick but still tries to be superman.

I want to keep busy, but it isn't easy. I hate feeling this useless. My roommate and boyfriend had to calm me down.

So sorry for the rant. I know some of you have it worse, so I understand if I sound whiny.

You don't sound whiny; you sound like someone who, no matter which way they turn, has got a lot of serious stuff going on right now.

Your grandmother sounds a lot like my grandfather, who also did not want to live past the point of having no quality of life. Actually what he said was that if anybody re-started his heart once it stopped, he would get a gun and shoot them ...

It is hard to hear a loved one say that, even when you can understand why they're saying it.

I'm sorry as well to hear about your parents' health problems.

No advice to offer (and I don't think you were looking for any), so just and I hope things get more positive for you very soon.

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed for that second job for you Kaycichu. And for good resolutions to the family's health problems. (Always in threes, eh? )

And whiny and venting, while subjective, are two different things. I think you've hit the latter on the mark.

Comment

No, you're not whining. Life insists on dealing a lot of people trash hands.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X