This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    I'm amazed by your strength. Since my son was born, I can't read an article or see a scene in a film involving a child being hurt, abused or killed without feeling sick to my stomach. I can't imagine how you got through that, but I'm sure glad you did.
    Same here. Never be embarrassed about your feelings, about seeming "unprofessional". You're human, and some things are very difficult for humans to take.

What you did took a lot of compassion and a lot of inner strength. Thank you for your kindness and gentleness with that little girl.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. Not an experience I want to be involved in again anytime soon. I love my job, I love helping people. I've always had difficulty staying objective with the kids. And thankfully for my emotional sanity, we usually send them out to a number of specialty children's hospitals in the area when needed.

I appreciate the shoulders, guys.

Comment

My mom worked in a hospital, and had a sort of gallows sense of humor (which isn't surprising, given what she saw on a frequent basis). There was one incident that left her deeply traumatized - come to think of it, she should have received therapy for it, it was that bad. She told me what it was, but I'm not going to write it here. Trust me, you don't want to know.

A friend of hers used to work at a funeral home, but had to stop; he just couldn't take off for a weekend camping after dealing with preparations for a child's funeral.

It happens everywhere. Of course you cried; who wouldn't?

Comment

*hugs Amina*

You are a good lady to care. I couldn't do what you do.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I couldn't do it, I really could not have done it. Hats off to you.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              I couldn't do what you did. It would tear my emotions apart. Special people like yourself can handle that kind of task without falling apart right then & there. You're one in a million.
              Well said. The painful part about having a big heart is that it can break hard.

That poor child. That poor family!

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                As a mother that lost a little girl, I want to thank you for the compassion you showed that little girl yesterday.
                i don't even have kids and this was making my eyes ... must be some dust in here.

Comment

I have my own memories of kids that haunt me from being a medic. Let yourself cry and don't become like me and become numb to it. The memories are in a dark part of my mind I avoid.

Kids are the hardest to deal with.

Comment

I'm not a mother, but I'm a very devoted aunt.

We need more people like you to show the gentleness and respect you did to children.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. Ive never been one for sick children. Im glad that if they are sick enough, they get shipped out to the specialty childrens hospitals.

The same day this happened, a 5 year old came in with horrible burns (done on purpose by her stepdad) and had to be intubated and flown to the burn center. Also, had a 5 month old come in later that night who had obvious signs of horrible abuse. My heart gets heavy thinking about those who have it hard in life, so young.

*hugs everyone*

Comment

Working...
                      X