Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dammit. Why can't my life ever just be normal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit. Why can't my life ever just be normal?

So, lately I've been going a bit downhill mentally. Things are always rough for me during the "off" week on my BC pills, but the past few months it's been getting worse, to where I'm having anxiety attacks and having to take Xanax. I'm going to have to go take one now. I've been holding off on it, but it's been coming on since yesterday. Yesterday I was depressed. Today I'm vibrating. My mind is spinning faster and faster and feel like I'm literally going to vibrate right out of my skin. At the same time I'm paralyzed. I'm having trouble getting anything done. So I'm sitting here on the couch, bored because my brain can't concentrate on anything long enough to be distracted from all the crazy it's creating and I can't get up and do anything with all of this energy.

Just needed to vent some place where I knew other people would understand.

Off to take a Xanax and a shower and get dressed (sitting around in one's pj's doesn't help things).
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

*hugs*

Been feeling a little like that myself lately and its not nice to feel like you need to grab hold of something to be steady. (not that I have any answers either).
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ok. Took the Xanax and the shower. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the Xanax to kick in, which hopefully will be soon. I absolutely hate feeling like this.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

*hugs* Normally I would say normal is highly over rated..but I am sorry things are rough. You are strong though, you will get through it.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ok. Xanax finally kicked in. Still not feeling my "normal" self, but no longer feel like I'm coming apart at the seams.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Have you talked to your OB/Gyn about not having an "off" week on the pills?

When I get into a state like this (manic to the point of paralysis) I try to find something mind-numbingly repetitive to distract it enough to be able to think. I generally go with solitaire or some mindless puzzle game as those are things I like already and they take just enough concentration to keep me from doing anything else of note, but only barely, so they work well on "distracting" the excess during a manic phase.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Usually I can cut the panic/anxiety off at the pass, but today and the last few times it has happened, I haven't, prolly cause it's hormone related. My BC recently got switched from one generic to another and I pretty sure that's when the problems started. I'm going to talk to my pharmacist about it 1st. I've had problems in the past with trying the skip the period thing.
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I've been having a fair amount of anxiety lately. A lot of it has to do with keeping track of all the stuff I have to remember to do now that I'm running the house myself. I'm now carrying a notebook around to write stuff down.

Sometimes it feels like butterflies fluttering around in my head. Or I'll do what I sometimes call "pinballing", where I start to do one thing and then notice something else I have to do, and I just bounce from one thing to another because I'm afraid I'll forget something otherwise.

Like printing out my parents' living wills and calling the car dealer tomorrow. Crap!

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Do you have to take BC pills?

I have problems with moderate depression and anxiety...but put me on BC pills and I go out of my mind.

I do understand that there are many other reasons to take BC that don't actually have to do with birth control.

For me I've had an IUD for 5 years now (completely hormone free) and it's been effective and kept me (relatively) sane.

Comment

I take the BC for hormone replacement. My ovaries had to be removed a few years ago due to benign tumors, but my uterus was fine. We're trying to keep it primed and ready so that we can do embryo adoption when I'm done with nursing school.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I'm currently on both hormonal BC (no period though, 28 straight days of the same dosage) and a light anti-depressant.

All it takes for me to still get the blues is being stuck at home with no one to hang out with or my boyfriend not being able to do anything because he has his kids for the next few weeks. I mean, I have a TV and stuff to entertain myself with, but being stuck in the house with my slob alchy father and over dramatic always screaming mother......it just brings me right the Hell down.

I hope you can find something to help. When you do, let me know!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X