Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that all root-based veggies (beets, celery, carrots, parsley-roots etc.) are good for various dishes. Roast veg, soup, just oven baked as an alternative to potatoes... The possibilities are endless.

My favourite dish is oven steamed salmon with parsnip, carrots and Jerusalem Artichokes.
    Last edited by NorthernZel; 09-19-2012, 08:30 PM.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Definitely celeriac, the ood of the vegetable world. It's pretty good roast with a mix of other veg or also works if you boil it for 15 mins with a few cloves of garlic, drain then let it steam dry in the pan then mash it with half a cup of marscapone cheese. I've tried it myself a few times.

Comment

And everyone beat me to it!

I was going to say celeriac since I've come across it a few times.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I had no idea what it was because I've only ever seen celeriac on food shows, and never in its full form, or at least not that I remember. Still never seen it in person or ever tasted it in or on anything. Definitely not in the grocery stores on the island.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I had no idea what it was because I've only ever seen celeriac on food shows, and never in its full form, or at least not that I remember. Still never seen it in person or ever tasted it in or on anything. Definitely not in the grocery stores on the island.
            It's a seasonal product down here, but is one of the more unusual ones. Along with donut peaches.
            They taste just like a normal one, but end up resembling squashed peaches.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've seen donut peaches in the store once, I think, and I've had broccoli rabe and broccolini (and recently discovered parsnips, a vegetable I did not in any way grow up with), but celeriac to date has only been something I've seen on a screen.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

So, I roasted the root. It's. DELICIOUS!
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                X