This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Season of Epic Continues!

I just can't hold it in any longer! I've been refraining from posting a ton about this stuff on Facebook to avoid irritating everyone's news feeds, but I'm too amped up right now! It's got to go somewhere!

To recap:
    Made my favorite Princess Leia costume in time for Star Wars Celebration last month. It took 350 hours of embroidery in 5 weeks, but it's done! I won an award for it at Celebration.

Was proposed to in a large, well thought out and planned way. Videos on YouTube and pictures all over the Internet are a pleasant daily reminder of how wonderful Future Husband is.

At Dragon*Con the next week I wore my Princess Leia necklace as often as possible as it was the only thing that could keep me from floating away.

Debuted my motor and gear-driven, iPhone-controlled Steampunk wings at Dragon*Con and took Best In Show at the Masquerade. Took home a new iPad, some cash and Grant Imahara's personal email address for the FH. He is supposed to send Grant a detailed rundown of how he engineered my wings.

Coined the phrase "Awesome is heavy" because the wings weigh 14 lbs and are one of the lighter pieces FH has built.

Upon returning home, Mom came for a visit to jump start wedding plans and in 2 days she and I signed a venue, narrowed one Bridal Salon down to 2 dresses (waiting on them to receive the second), purchased my ring setting and arranged to have her Ceylon sapphire recut and polished for me, found a wedding planner and made hotel arrangements for this Thursday night.

This Thursday I head back down to Atlanta to be taped on Friday morning for Say Yes to the Dress! I'm excited and nervous and have been tearing through my wardrobe like crazy (yes, I know I'll be trying on gowns).

So cross your fingers, CSers, that they air my segment and that whatever I have done to deserve the good Karma continues. I have a fashion show coming up next month that really needs to go well!

Congratulations again! Saw that video of you, and yes, was so darned adorable. Also, it was hilarious watching EVERY Leia behind you sobbing.

Also, THESE WINGS. I MUST HAVE PICS/VIDEO OF THEM!!! D:
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Youtube video? Do tell....or link....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Yes! Must see these wings in action!

*Edit* Found them!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2sE0dznF8c
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDa3Zac9is

That is just amazing! Congrats on Best in Show!
        Last edited by Crossbow; 09-19-2012, 05:52 PM. Reason: Found the vids!
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

HOLY MOTHER OF AWESOME THOSE ARE FREAKING AMAZING
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

whoo hoo.

i'd say "may the force be with you" but... it sounds like it already is!

Comment

Amazing! You even made Grant giggle! And you got his email?? Wow!
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

omigod that was you!! I've seen the wings video before! Wow! So cool! Congrats on everything!!!!
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Sounds like everything is soaring high for you. Congratulations and good luck with all thats to come.

Comment

Holy crap, those wings are yours? Awe. Some.

Comment

I am not one of those people that go to these types of conventions, or go that far with my costumes. Even my two best costumes ever--Osama bin Laden with a US cruise missile going through his chest, and Dr. Hannibel Lecter--were not that elaborate. Nor am I an engineering geek. I know how to operate a screwdriver and some wrenches, but I am far better using tools from the pantry than from the toolbox.

That being said, holy chipotle, those wings are freakin' awesome!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

You were at D*C? AHH!! Totally need to plan better and try to meet more people from my online communities. (I'm usually hanging out with folks from the Devil's Panties Forum when I'm down there)

Comment

OMG your work is amazing!!

And I have such a huge crush on Grant Imahara, have for years! Is he nice in person??? I'm so jealous you got to meet him eeeeee!
                          "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Mama, he was so super nice. Laid back too. He's shorter than I thought though. I'm a Tory girl myself...

Dasota, I'm bad about that too. I tend to spend time with the same people every year.

Everyone, thanks! They are so fun to wear. I tend to ham it up too. The engineer (my fiancé) has warned me to downplay the dancing a bit...
                            Last edited by FenigDurak; 09-20-2012, 04:47 AM. Reason: Speeling erirs

Comment

Awesomely done! They're fabulous. Hope the good times keep on coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X