Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always lied and said I was 16, since most customers at the gas station didn't know you had to be 18 to work there.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Um hi there. My name is Bunny and I've been written up for sexual harassment. *hangs head with a wink*

I was working at this huge chain of crustain places and at the time, we had more female bartenders then males. A few of us made the mistake of discussing the hineys that the male servers had. Didn't realize we were overheard and one of them had a huge problem with it.

Thank goodness my boss had a sense of humor but he still had to write me up for being the ring leader.

Before you jump on me, sexual harassment is a very serious thing and I am not trying to make a joke out of it. You should be able to work in an environment where you feel safe. However, when two women are talking "privately" about mens hineys and you get upset that your's isn't in the top 5, then I'm gonna take offence to your complaint. In the mean time I am gonna brag that I'm the only woman I know that's been written up for sexual harassment.

Bunny
      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

You could always look at the women being more selective than men thing in a way I once presented it to a male friend (obviously when I was bitchy and needed a decent lay):

Women are more selective than men because any guy can stick his dick in a hole, but that doesn't mean any girl's gonna feel it.

Yes, that's crude, lewd, and perverted, but hell, I'll admit to having a strange fascination with Steve Buscemi and what he's hiding in his pants. (And what it would be like to kiss Steven Tyler....OMG that mouth!)
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
          Women are too subtle. I can't count the number of times someone will tell me that a woman was hitting on me after It's too late to do anything about it, Then when I think I'm getting the same signals from another and respond I'll be shot down.

I'm far from being the only guy who has experienced this.
          Hehehe
          SOME women are too subtle. Me, I'm as subtle as a runaway train. I'm not nasty about it tho, but I'll say things like "Hey you're cute!" chat chat chat, if I like you after that, then I'll generally suggest coffee.
          Of course, that's a moot point now that TTO has ensnared me
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

As far as stares go, I have a personal rule for that. I try to never let my eyes stay anywhere on a woman I'm not currently *ahem* "familiar" with other than her face for more than a second, with a respectable cool down time between glances. It seems to work for not offending anyone, while still giving me a chance to appreciate a beautiful woman's figure. I forget who coined the phrase, but I basically practice the whole 'Stealth Boobing' thing.

I, too, tend to miss out on the cues when a woman finds me attractive unless she's being pretty blatant, especially at work. My mind just doesn't work on that channel when I'm on the clock, and I really don't want to risk things getting awkward if I'm reading a simple friendly attitude wrong, so... yeah. On the up side, I tend not to get hit on by the creepy types, since I've got that no-nonsense vibe going on.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              ... but hell, I'll admit to having a strange fascination with Steve Buscemi and what he's hiding in his pants. (And what it would be like to kiss Steven Tyler....OMG that mouth!)
              Blech...no offense zzapp but I think I need some now!

I do like your reasoning for our selective natures...that's pretty funny.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"If he was hot maybe it would be different.. "

Nope, it wouldn't. A guy doesn't get a free pass to act like a pig just because he happens to be pretty.

Comment

I just wonder how these folk can get the idea that their behavior is acceptible, they must only hang out with like minded creeps and genuinely believe that acting this way is how "normal" people interact....
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"Stealth Boobing" is a term a long time friend of mine and professional pervert coined.

And Design Fox, yes, I know I'm weird, but at the same time have you ever seen a guy that is so handsome it hurts to look at him? I have, and I know that sounds even weirder. LOL

And Arga, some of these guys act like pigs because they like the negative attention, go figure.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                      I, too, tend to miss out on the cues when a woman finds me attractive unless she's being pretty blatant, especially at work. My mind just doesn't work on that channel when I'm on the clock
                      That's part of why I hate being ogled. I don't WANT my mind in that channel, most of the time. And I especially don't want to have to think about it around guys who are of the 'no means maybe and maybe means yes' way of thinking.

And dammit, those idiots don't have their foreheads branded.

It's even worse when you get a guy who simultaneously thinks that it's the girl's responsibility to control the 'rate of progress' AND thinks 'no means maybe and maybe means yes' - and I have encountered some of those. It's a no win situation. He refuses verbal control (ie 'get lost you creep' doesn't work), gets his hands on you, and any attempt to push him away from you turns into a groping wrestling match.

Ahem. I think I'll stop now.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        And Design Fox, yes, I know I'm weird, but at the same time have you ever seen a guy that is so handsome it hurts to look at him? I have, and I know that sounds even weirder. LOL
                        I saw one of those yesterday. He was so hot I think he burned my retinas, and at the same time, I've never had any desire to get to know him. He's a nice enough guy, but *way way way* out of my league. Besides, I cant' trust guys that are that hot. I mean, if you were a young, supple, horny male and you had women throwing themselves at you, you would find it pretty hard to say no. So no thanks. Although I doubt he found me attractive. I mean, I think I'm moderately attractive, but he would make me look like an ugly betty if we ever stood next to each other.

He's the first guy I've ever seen that I considered to be that level of handsome. Really weird experience.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

In my wayward youth, I drove my car up on a median once looking at a young god walking down the street.

Couple years ago, in my dirty old lady phase, I almost drove my van into a drainage ditch at Pennsic watching another young god walking down the road.

Guess I need to stop ogling and start driving.

Yeah. I've seen some pretty ones.

If you want a pretty man to notice you...totally ignore him. Works every time.

Comment

I don't function on that channel either. The only way I have any concept of if I'm being hit on is if I have a female friend nearby to tell me so afterwards. A few of our older female clients are very...cheery...when I get them, but they aren't creepy.

As for women being more selective? Not really, no. Its more the reason you can't think of a lot of instances where a woman is sleazing on a man isn't because its not happening. Its because the female of the sleaze species is much different then the male. The Creepy Perv vs the Barslut so to speak. The Creepy Perv is VERY direct while the Barslut works in more underhanded, subtle ways.

Its also the social double standard. Its more socially acceptable to be flirty/creepy advances for a female then it is to be hitting on/creepy for a male. A creepy guy is absolutely ostracized. Women will mark him like a mine field for other women and men will avoid him because A) He's creepy and B) They fear people ( women ) will associate him with Creepy and think he's Creepy too. But on the other hand the Creepy/Sleazy female is more oft just going to be labeled as a slut. Loathed by other women and some men, but tolerated by a lot of guys and even sought out by some ( Male Creeps ) for an easy lay.

Men are more tolerant to sleaze ( From that whole rah rah, suck it up your a man crap, not because we actually want to be ) and we don't have as many socially acceptable tools at our disposal to fend it off ( Can you imagine if a GUY slapped a creepy woman rather then the other way around? There would be riots in the streets. ).

The burden of proof is ALWAYS at the guy's feet and a guy is expected to just sit there and take it. How many claims of sexual harassment do guys file? ( Aside from the previous heiny post ). Not very many. Because even if its happening the default will be its up to him to prove it rather then her explain it while everyone thinks he's either anal ( See heiny post for perfect example ) or gay for having filed it. Where as on the other other hand if a woman files one the guy will be lynched. Even if he's proven innocent everyone will still think he did it.

Thats just the stupid way society works.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                              you're 100% right, Escapee. I should have told him it was none of his business. Hindsight being what it is...oh well. If it happens again, I'll be prepared. Hopefully, it won't...at the very least I hope it doesn't happen for awhile...guh... >_<
                              Next time you get one of those, tell them you're 17*, and then, if they keep it up, threaten to call the cops on them for being pedophiles.

*or whatever is just under the legal age

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                                A guy doesn't get a free pass to act like a pig just because he happens to be pretty.
                                Agreed. I don't care what he looks like. If you're acting like a pig, I will ignore you.
                                For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
                                -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Working...
                                X