This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
    Jews are frugal and trifty, hence "cheap".
    Don't forget about those of us out here that are Scottish or of Scottish descent!

Ooh, ooh, I thought of another couple of stereotypes - All the Irish are always drunk and have a temper! (Of course, Scottish women have a reputation of a temper, too!)

I'm Scots-Irish so I'm a cheap drunk that you don't want to piss off!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

On the subject of stereotypes of people from country X, don't forget the Polish stereotypes (I'm Polish, get it a lot). This was a story told by my Russian History professor who came to the US from Poland.

Cool Professor told: I went into an Italian barbershop one day, I sat down and the barber asked of my place of birth due to my accent, I tell him and he tells me that he knows a good Polish joke. I oblige and listen. When he's finished I say: Do you know why Polish jokes are short? The barber responds with no. I reply so Italians can get them.
      That was his way of throwing stereotypes right back at people.

My personal favorite is because I happen to be 19 a lot of folk think that because I'm young it equals to me being stupid. Uh, no. It means I'm trying to pay bills and survive college.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
      X