This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This is why people go crazy and start shooting"

Sorry this is long and rambling.....just had to share this story from yesterday.

I got a call from a guy today who had been turned off for non-payment. He's pissed because the tech showed up when he "just stepped out for a moment" and wasn't home to make a payment. Reviewing his account shows that he's had service since January and hasn't made even one payment. His apartment complex set up his service so we didn't have his phone number or soc sec number and therefore are unable to link him to any other accounts that he may have previously had with us. He's mad because we never called him to tell him that his service was going to be turned off. We sent two notices by mail which he claimed he didn't receive. While on the phone he finds one of our bills and opens it, and it's the "intent to shut off notice" proving that what I told him was true. He wants me to waive the security deposit. I tell him it's non-negotiable and then he asks for a supervisor. My supervisor isn't available, so I advise him that if he gives me a contact phone number the supervisor will call him back. Several times during the call he curses at me and several times I ask him "not to use that kind of language with me". He says he's "a Marine and hasn't got time for this, and it's situations like this that cause people to go crazy and start shooting." I ask, "Sir, is this a threat?" and he says, "Does it sound like one?" to which I reply, "It sure didn't sound nice".... I give him several options about how to get his service back on and tell him it's up to him. He finally makes a decision, which he's not happy about, but I place a turn on order for him and send him on his way.....

Several hours later, I get a transferred call from another rep....seems this guy is looking for me, so she transfers him to me and I'm expecting to get more crap from him. Instead, he apologized!!! Said he was sorry for taking out his frustrations on me. My jaw hit the floor. It was my last call of the day.

WOW! He apologized??? That's awesome, at least!
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I'm always glad to hear about this. People do get frustrated and shit does happen in life, it takes a mature person to admit that they screwed the pooch and take the blame for their actions.
      Good for him.

Jinxy
      That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" ~Dennis Miller
      http://www.myspace.com/jinxy213
      http://www.myspace.com/bgge

Comment

I agree that he did the right thing by apologizing, but you don't just go casually throwing threats around about SHOOTING these days.
        Geez.
        You can't watch the news lately without hearing about the latest idiot going off his nut.
        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Granted, it was an awful thing to say, but at least he had the balls to call back and apologise.

As Jinxy said, shit does happen; we've all been angry/frustrated at times so it's understandable to some extent. Most of us learn to control our tempers, but hey...

Glad he said sorry though!

Comment

Quoth Pinkie View Post
            Several hours later, [...] he apologized!!! [...] It was my last call of the day.
            What a nice way to end the day! It's a pity that he couldn't have been more sensible during the initial phone call, but I appluade the fact that he was smart enough to realize the error of his ways.
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I agree with Spiffy. He took the words right out of my...keyboard?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                I agree with Spiffy. He took the words right out of my...keyboard?
                *Spiffy steals Becky's words and hordes them away, hoping to use them as a blackmailing tool! Spiffy cackles at his own evilness. *
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

It takes a bigger person to admit to their mistake than one who won't.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                    *Spiffy steals Becky's words and hordes them away, hoping to use them as a blackmailing tool! Spiffy cackles at his own evilness. *
                    *hides her bag of extra letters in a tunk, then locks it up nice and tight*

*looks up* Damnit!
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                      Quoth Juwl View Post
                      *hides her bag of extra letters in a tunk, then locks it up nice and tight*

*looks up* Damnit!
                      Thanks for the laughs!!!!!! I needed them.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I wonder if that was one of my old AMs who got transferred out. He made a few threats of violence about the SM behind his back, and was one of the few people I've met with a knack for pissing off customers who really weren't easy to piss off.

Soooo glad he went elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X