Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You will give me £150 because I'm so obviously above you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I have a feeling that a good amount of price-matching customers are full of bologna, anyway? I can only imagine that the reason people aren't buying these things at the competitors is because the competitor price isn't that cheap to begin with (barring those who do have actual proof, of course).

I've never had any problem with ordering online, except in one instance of not getting my Happy Noodle Boy shirt (darn you, SLG). If I can order two cds from Japan and wait 2-5 weeks for delivery, than by golly I'll wait, even if it costs me much more than your average cd; because it's easier to buy it online than to just look through store after store for a cd from a band no one outside of Japan (or even in Japan, apparently) has ever heard of.
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

One of the managers at my store teases me because I shop online religiously, often for stuff we sell in our store.

Case in point:

Last week, my favorite online anime store was having a huge sale. You picked 10 off a list of Ganeon titles and paid $50 or 25 off the same list and pay $100. I also picked up handful of titles not on the list to round out my purchase. All in all, paid a little over $170 for $700 MSRP on anime.

I was telling him about this and he ragged on me because I didn't "take advantage of" my employee discount to get the same titles we sell in the store. I shot back that when he was willing to part with them for $4 a pop, I'd be happy to buy them from the store. Then he asked about shipping because mailing 30 DVDs would be pricey. I countered that shipping was free.

He just shook his head in mock shame and let me continue with my work as I rubbed my hands over making out like a bandit.

OTOH, my boss at my day job was listening to me talk to one of my friends about the sale. (My friend is a fellow anime geek, so I wanted him to be able to cash in on the goodness.) He promptly scrunched up his nose and said that $4/DVD is not a good deal.

On what planet? Especially considering that anime DVDs usually only have 3-4 episodes on them and cost $20-30 each.
      A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
        Last week, my favorite online anime store was having a huge sale. You picked 10 off a list of Ganeon titles and paid $50 or 25 off the same list and pay $100. I also picked up handful of titles not on the list to round out my purchase. All in all, paid a little over $170 for $700 MSRP on anime.
        Wait, what?!? What store is that and do they have these deals very often?

The idea of dropping $50 and getting 10 DVDs has me drooling...

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Wait, what?!? What store is that and do they have these deals very often?

The idea of dropping $50 and getting 10 DVDs has me drooling...

^-.-^
          All too happy to oblige.

This company gets way too much of my money.
          A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
            All too happy to oblige.

Tigeress i love, I worship you, I now dedicate my leather slave outfit wearing just for you. You would like the collar and leash or just a whip.

(because the site has vandread!!)
            Last edited by Sliceanddice; 06-12-2007, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
              All too happy to oblige.

*drooool*

... they'll be getting too much of my money, shortly, as well...

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Tigress, you have signaled the start of my personal doom with that url.
                I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I has minions.

(Rubs hands menancingly.)

Comment

*grins happily at the $100 charge to her bank account*

Getting anime DVDs for $4 a pop is great. Having the money available to afford to get the $4 a pop deal is even better.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      *grins happily at the $100 charge to her bank account*

Getting anime DVDs for $4 a pop is great. Having the money available to afford to get the $4 a pop deal is even better.

^-.-^
                      My regular order (the 3 Hellsing titles that weren't eligible for the sale) have already been shipped. The 25/$100 dealie is all backordered. I want my anime so I can have my anime-viewing party, dammit!

No stress, though. This happened with their Christmas sale, too.

Comment

sigh damnit... i have to wait until i get payed....
                        I want anime joy...
                        but..
                        it alludes me...

Comment

It took a long time to get all the titles together, and while I was doing so, several of them fell off my list as they sold out.

^-.-^

Comment

When I ordered my 25, one of my titles sold out. I was monitoring the sale all day at work and waited until I got home to place my order. I snagged the LAST one of a title I wanted. This stuff goes pretty fast.

Comment

Yeah. I had 22 in my list, added about 10 and ended up with.... 22.

^-.-^

Comment

For the sale to go through, you also have to make sure that ONLY the titles off the list are in your cart and that you have EXACTLY 25. Anything not on the list (like the 3 Hellsing titles I bought) has to be on a separate order. Then you put in your coupon code and it all packages out at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X