This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goody Cakes and the Jordanian Diplomat

Ahhhh, the week is at an end....sweet, sweet freedom. Er, wait, no. I have to go back in a few days. Sweet, sweet parole....

Oh, you know that massive air traffic control failure in New York the other day that canceled shit loads of flights across the east coast? Yeah, guess who all those passengers were calling for hotel rooms? ><

Too Much Farking Information

SC: "Hi, I just got home and I noticed that the water in my kitchen sink is off. The bathroom's faucets are ok though."
    Me: "Alright, well-"
    SC: "Yeah I was invited out for dinner for a friend of mine. I don't rarely go out so-"
    Me: "…ok, well I'll-"
    SC: "So we went right down to White Rock to see the antique cars then took a walk along the beach an-"
    Me: "Ok, I'll leave a note for the caretaker for you, ok?"
    SC: "Oh, I just ran into her downstairs, she was out walking her dog. If I had known this had happened I could have just asked her there."
    Me: "Right, well, I'll let her know-"
    SC: "Yes, because I can't wash my face and neck right now."
    Me: "..ok-"
    SC: "I can't stick my head under the bathroom sink. So I can only wash my face, neck and behind my ears in the kitchen sink."

Please cease the motions of your pastry hole with great urgency. You have already imparted for more detail then I, or any other living human being, could endure about your life. The more you speak the more vibrantly aware I become of why you only have only one friend. I do not know who this friend is, but if I ever met him I would shake his hand for having NOT buried you in the sand at the beach and left you for high tide.

Customer Service

SC: "So is it like an all purpose clinic?"

Yes, indeed! Give us your sick, your dying, your household pets, farm animals and marine life. Doesn't matter what it is, we'll at least take a damn good shot at it!. Hey, actually, tell you what, if he, she or it dies inside the first 30 minutes the visit is free. Can't beat that deal can you? ( The more astute amongst you may realize that medical services in Canada are already free for the most part. But I will not let you foil my attempt at superior customer service! )

Replacements
    ( Kara's company... )

Me: "Good evening, <company name not even remotely cell phonish>"
    SC: "Oh hi, yeah I have a cell phone on my account and I wanted to buy another and have it added to the same account."

I'll get right on that one. In fact, give me a minute to go hit the staff fridge here and find a suitable new "cell phone" for you so that I may wrap it in a lovely box and ship it by the slowest method possible. Thus ensuring it has plenty of time to….how do I put it….let the flavours blend before it arrives. Upon arrival it should be all ready to go. In fact I encourage you to just tear the box open, pull it out and mash it against your head. If you don't hear a dial tone, just try again. It may take a while for it to, er, charge up its hyper satillete signal network, yes, that’s it.

Skytrain Chatter

Girl: "My whole life has been a series of disappointments! My family, my ex boyfriend, Taco Bell-"

I too had disappointments in life, however I do not believe I can equate any of them with low quality Mexican cousine prepared by white high school students earning gas money.

Overreaction

Me: "Good Evening, <company name>"
    SC: "Oh, hi."
    Me: "Hi."
    SC: "I WILL BASH YOUR F**KING HEAD IN-"
    Me: "?! Excuse me?"
    SC: "Oh, sorry, no, there was someone in the background here"

Right-o, because that’s the typical reaction when someone interrupts you: Curbstomping.

Uncaring

SC: "Who's this?"
    Me: "This is Gravekeeper."
    SC: "Gravekeeper? Oh yay. <click>"

….er, I'm sorry to disappoint you so. I wasn't aware my first name was capable of inflicting so much total apathy merely upon uttering it to another human. I'm touched, thank you.

Caring

SC: "What's your name?"
    Me: "Gravekeeper. Since you're an existing customer I'll have to give you the number for customer service so they can help."
    SC: "Oh, I like that, Gravekeeper."

Alright, apparently my name is inspiring a completely different reaction this time. One I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with.

Big Top

Me: "Good morning, <company name>."
    SC: "Oh, I'm sorry, what's this?"
    Me: "<company name>."
    SC: "Sorry, I have the wrong number. But wow, what's a roofing company doing open this early!"

I don't know, what's a monkey doing dialing a phone this early? Don't you have to wait till the circus opens?

Right Answer

Me: "Good morning, you're paging <client name>"
    SC: "Yes, that’s correct."

It is? Oh chocolate frosted goody cakes. Of course I didn't know this was a quiz. But none the less, I will not question an opportunity for goody cakes.

I can read a sentence off my computer screen. Go me!

Displacement

Me: "Alright, what city are you in?"
    SC: "Washington."
    Me: "Ok, I can put you at the blah blah hotel in Washington for-"
    SC: "But I'm in Toronto now"

Er, ok. Well, if you catch Carmen Santiago, let me know.

I Am A Terrible Person

Me: "Alright, your confirmation number is xxxx-xxxx"
    SC: "Ok, xxxx-xxxx?"
    Me: "Correct."
    SC: "Alright, let me give the phone to my husband so you can tell him it again to make sure I'm right."
    Me: "…..Ok."

This is the kind of relationship that ends in a 4am police dog search in a field 5kms from your home for something no one really wants to find except for one very desperate man. If you don’t get that reference, don't worry. If you do, I apologize. I am a bad, bad person.

Huzzah

Me: "Alright, I can put you at the <hotel name> for $109"
    SC: "Oh, no thanks. You've already done a great job. You're a wonderful guy. Bye bye!"

See that? I am full of Win and Awesome. Oh yes.

The Big City

Me: "Alright, which city would you like to register for?"
    SC: "British Columbia"

Big city that one. Transit's terrible too. There's seriously like hundreds of kilometers where you can't catch a bus if your life depended on it. Not to mention the bear problem. Dear god the bears. They're EVERYWHERE. COLBERT WAS RIGHT.

Schadenfreude

It's unwise to refer to the Skytrain cops as "Sky Pigs". Especially when two of them are within earshot behind you.……and you and your friends don't have transit tickets. I however can and will watch your plight and laugh at you.

Wisdom

Me: "Good evening, <company name>."
    SC: "Is this Cricket?"
    Me: "No, this isn't Cricket.."
    SC: "So this is Cricket? Oh, good-"
    Me: "No, this isn't Cricket. This is <company name>."
    SC: "Huh?"

Listen to the wisdom that I am imparting to you, for it is directly relevant to your situation. Now I realize you may not yet be used to operating the complex device known as the phone, so I will give you a tip: See how the phone actually has two ends? Ok, well, you have one end stuck to your muffin chute so that you can send words across vast distances, correct? Well the other end is suppose to go next to your ear. This is so you can also hear words send back to you across vast distances. It may take some practice to hold it right, but I know you can do it. After 5 or 6 years of practice you may even graduate to being able to hold it with your shoulder alone! But don't try that just yet, you might slip a disk.

Wrong Place...
    ( Ye old US embassyish emergency line...this line is only for US citizens who have been arrested, injured or killed in Canada. )

SC: "Yes, hi, I need some help. I'm being accused but I'm a diplomat! I went to conference in 79. That gave me equal status to a diplomat! They can't accuse me."
    Me: "Er, alright…are you in custody?"
    SC: "No, but they're accusing me. They're saying I'm a terrorist!
    Me: "Well, I can't help you this evening if you're not actually in custody."
    SC: "But I'm a diplomat! I need help from America."
    Me: "Are you an American citizen?"
    SC: "No, I'm Jordanian."
    Me: "I'm afraid I can't assist you at all if you're not an American citizen."
    SC: "But I want a lawyer! I don't trust these people here."
    Me: "I still cannot assist you if you're not an American citizen."
    SC: "Do I need to go down there to the office myself to get help!"
    Me: "Well, you can do that if you like. But we cannot help you unless you're American."
    SC: "Well I'll just go down there tomorrow myself! <click>"
    Me: "Alright then…"
    ( PS. They're closed tomorrow )

Yes, because if you're from the middle east, seem mildly unstable and go on about terrorists, the first place you should look for help is America. 6 hours from now they'll have you down at the border crossing trying to lure you across with a twinkie so they can jump you without worrying about paperwork.

But hey, say hi to Homeland Security for me.

Thus it ends....

I'm still trying to figure out this whole face washing thing... Does this person not have hands, and that is why he/she needs to place his/her entire head under the faucet? Cuz I wash my face by sudsing up with my hands, then cupping them under running water and raising them to my face as I lean over the sink to rinse...it works pretty well...

I, too, have been greatly disappointed in Taco Bell. Fourth meal just isn't enough for me...
    *note: I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food and if I'm going to eat it, it's going to be in a real restaurant that can bring me yummy hot fajitas still sizzling on an iron skillet. I don't believe I have ever eaten at Taco Bell except for the tortilla chips and cheese-like sauce.

My reaction: Gravekeeper? Oh YAY!!! WooHoo!!!!

See that? I am full of Win and Awesome. Oh yes.
    Yes, yes you are. Your posts make Sunday worthwhile
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-10-2007, 05:18 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

ah schadenfreude, how i love thee. watching someone else bust their ass or otherwise make a fool out of themselves is the perfect pick me up for a shitty day.
      Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        SC: "I can't stick my head under the bathroom sink. So I can only wash my face, neck and behind my ears in the kitchen sink."
        If the bathroom faucet works, could I presume that the faucet in the bathtub probably works too? So, uh.... No, nevermind. I'm not even going to try to understand this one.

Please cease the motions of your pastry hole with great urgency.
        LMAO! I've got to remember that one. Let me just pour some on the customer service section of my mental files to make some room.

Girl: "My whole life has been a series of disappointments! My family, my ex boyfriend, Taco Bell-"
        Yeah, I can understand that. How they can accurately fold a wrapper so that the correct name of 1 of 47 different burritos is displayed neatly on top of it, yet somehow manage to get a tomato in my chicken quesadilla?

Overreaction

Ooh, a werewanker! I love people like that. I had a woman talking to me one time who was all nice and sweet, even had a soft, gentle voice. Then all of the sudden this happened:

Woman: Could you excuse me for a moment?
        ME: Sure.
        Woman: YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH! YEAH, I'M TALKING TO YOU ASSHOLE! OH, YEAH? WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO F***ING DRIVE, YOU F***ING PIECE OF S***! NO, F*** YOU!"
        ME:
        Woman (in the sweetest voice you could possibly imagine): I'm so sorry, what were you saying again?

SC: "No, but they're accusing me. They're saying I'm a terrorist!
        Me: "Well, I can't help you this evening if you're not actually in custody."
        SC: "But I'm a diplomat! I need help from America."
        Me: "Are you an American citizen?"
        SC: "But I want a lawyer! I don't trust these people here."
        Me: "I still cannot assist you if you're not an American citizen."
        SC: "Do I need to go down there to the office myself to get help!"
        Me: "Well, you can do that if you like. But we cannot help you unless you're American."
        SC: "Well I'll just go down there tomorrow myself! <click>"
        Me: "Alright then…"
        ( PS. They're closed tomorrow )
        I think it would be best if you just stayed right where you are. In fact, you may have noticed, well actually you can't see it but there's a red dot right there on your forehead. It wouldn't be a good idea to make any sudden movements, if you know what I mean.
        Last edited by Kara; 06-10-2007, 05:42 PM.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Yes, because if you're from the middle east, seem mildly unstable and go on about terrorists, the first place you should look for help is America. 6 hours from now they'll have you down at the border crossing trying to lure you across with a twinkie so they can jump you without worrying about paperwork.

I am so going to print this out and stick it on my computer. That is the best.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Wrong Place...

SC: "Yes, hi, I need some help. I'm being accused but I'm a diplomat! I went to conference in 79. That gave me equal status to a diplomat! They can't accuse me."

Being a diplomat in 1979 does not give you diplomatic immunity nearly 30 years later. You'll want to discuss with the Jordanian embassy why it's like that. Maybe they'll get you a lawyer for old time's sake. Unless they don't like you.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Ahhhh, the week is at an end....sweet, sweet freedom. Er, wait, no. I have to go back in a few days. Sweet, sweet parole....
              HAHAHA! I love it! For now on, my weekends shall forever be referred to as "parole".

[major snippage]

Please cease the motions of your pastry hole with great urgency. You have already imparted for more detail then I, or any other living human being, could endure about your life. The more you speak the more vibrantly aware I become of why you only have only one friend. I do not know who this friend is, but if I ever met him I would shake his hand for having NOT buried you in the sand at the beach and left you for high tide.
              This is when you take your headset/phone and start smacking it against the table. It's the only way to relieve the frustration of listening to someone who won't.shut.the.fuck.up. Extra zen points if you end up breaking the headset/phone.

Customer Service

SC: "So is it like an all purpose clinic?"

Yes, indeed! Give us your sick, your dying, your household pets, farm animals and marine life. Doesn't matter what it is, we'll at least take a damn good shot at it!. Hey, actually, tell you what, if he, she or it dies inside the first 30 minutes the visit is free. Can't beat that deal can you? ( The more astute amongst you may realize that medical services in Canada are already free for the most part. But I will not let you foil my attempt at superior customer service! )
              I don't know what kind of clinics they have in your neighbourhood, but the ones around me are "human only". I suppose I could try to pass my cats off as my incredibly hairy babies, but the gov't hates it when you do stuff like that.

Replacements
              ( Kara's company... )

Me: "Good evening, <company name not even remotely cell phonish>"
              SC: "Oh hi, yeah I have a cell phone on my account and I wanted to buy another and have it added to the same account."
              [church lady] Isn't that special? [/church lady]

Skytrain Chatter

I too had disappointments in life, however I do not believe I can equate any of them with low quality Mexican cousine prepared by white high school students earning gas money.
              I can understand her disappointment with Taco Bell-they don't have chalupas in the ones around here

Overreaction

Right-o, because that’s the typical reaction when someone interrupts you: Curbstomping.
              Maybe the guy in the background just got back from Taco Bell....

Uncaring

Caring

SC: "What's your name?"
              Me: "Gravekeeper. Since you're an existing customer I'll have to give you the number for customer service so they can help."
              SC: "Oh, I like that, Gravekeeper."
              I have to admit, the second one gave me the shudders. (I've dealt with too many creepy people)

I don't know, what's a monkey doing dialing a phone this early? Don't you have to wait till the circus opens?
              Hahaha! I nearly choked on my cheerios when I first read this one.

Right Answer

Me: "Good morning, you're paging <client name>"
              SC: "Yes, that’s correct."
              What is 'stating the obvious', Alex?

Displacement

Me: "Alright, what city are you in?"
              SC: "Washington."
              Me: "Ok, I can put you at the blah blah hotel in Washington for-"
              SC: "But I'm in Toronto now"

Er, ok. Well, if you catch Carmen Santiago, let me know.
              I was expecting this to result in some confusion (on the client's part) between Washington state and Washington DC....meh, I guess they can still surprise me.

SC: "Alright, let me give the phone to my husband so you can tell him it again to make sure I'm right."
              Wow....absolutely no faith in herself eh? Why didn't hubby just make the call himself?

This is the kind of relationship that ends in a 4am police dog search in a field 5kms from your home for something no one really wants to find except for one very desperate man. If you don’t get that reference, don't worry. If you do, I apologize. I am a bad, bad person.
              They're looking for the remote, right?

The Big City

Me: "Alright, which city would you like to register for?"
              SC: "British Columbia"
              You failed. Back to Nunavut with you.....

Schadenfreude

It's unwise to refer to the Skytrain cops as "Sky Pigs". Especially when two of them are within earshot behind you.……and you and your friends don't have transit tickets. I however can and will watch your plight and laugh at you.
              This wasn't the same person who was having emotional issues with Taco Bell, was it?

[Wrong Place...

Better yet, if he goes right into the US Embassy, he's on american soil. Have fun with Homeland Security. Bring your own lube.
              -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
              -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I Am A Terrible Person

Me: "Alright, your confirmation number is xxxx-xxxx"
                SC: "Ok, xxxx-xxxx?"
                Me: "Correct."
                Me: "…..Ok."

So, was her name Lorena?

Comment

If I ever got Gravekeeper on the phone, I'd be ecstatic.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Uncaring

Your reputation preceeds you GK.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

People are just so DAMN stupid these days...>_>
                      For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
                      -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

SC: "Hi, I just got home and I noticed that the water in my kitchen sink is off. The bathroom's faucets are ok though."
                        Me: "Alright, well-"
                        SC: "Yeah I was invited out for dinner for a friend of mine. I don't rarely go out so-"
                        Me: "…ok, well I'll-"
                        SC: "So we went right down to White Rock to see the antique cars then took a walk along the beach an-"
                        Me: "Ok, I'll leave a note for the caretaker for you, ok?"
                        SC: "Oh, I just ran into her downstairs, she was out walking her dog. If I had known this had happened I could have just asked her there."
                        Me: "Right, well, I'll let her know-"
                        SC: "Yes, because I can't wash my face and neck right now."
                        Me: "..ok-"

You know, she sounds almost exactly like "Mrs. Rabbit" from an old training video starring John Cleese (not Monty Python related) that they made us watch in the "Help Desk Class" at school. Fortunately, I have yet to actually deal like someone like that in a real business setting.
                        "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                        -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

There is nothing that I can possibly say that will add anything to the excellence of this post, so I'll just say this: Gravekeeper!
                          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

*wiping tears from my cheeks* Gravekeeper, will you marry me?
                            Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Can I just mention, at least you didn't have to argue with that one guy that it was indeed a wrong number? And how sad am I for both being disappointed at the removal of entertainment possibilities, and cheered by this example of someone who's graduated from complete phonetard to curious imbicile. Now if we can just work on making the process faster, and better... *searches for the cattleprod*
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X