X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BusBus
    They're looking for the remote, right?
    Yep, but it's not his remote. It's hers!

Where I work now, we used to have a number here that had almost the same number as a local bank. When you pushed a button one too many times, you called us instead. When I first started working here, I answered the phone with a standard script that has nothing to do with a bank, and she started off with "Yes, my account number is blah blah blah" and me, being a newb, started writing it down as she continues "and can you look up something in my account for me?" That's when I realized that she had called the wrong number, but now I had her account number. All I needed was her first and last name, telephone number, home address, social, and mother's maiden name. I just politely told her that she called the wrong number and that this was indeed not the bank.

"But could you look up my account anyway?"
    No. This isn't the bank.
    "Wait, isn't this xxx-xxxx?
    No. It's not. You hit the x button one too many times. Hang up and try again.
    "Oh, ok." Click.

Wow lady. Way to listen.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
      her that she called the wrong number and that this was indeed not the bank.

"But could you look up my account anyway?"
      No. This isn't the bank.
      "Wait, isn't this xxx-xxxx?
      No. It's not. You hit the x button one too many times. Hang up and try again.
      "Oh, ok." Click.

Wow lady. Way to listen.

We have one account thats one number off from Roadside Assistance and one number off from an alchohol delivery service. So people are either so drunk that explaining a wrong number to them is neigh impossible or they're either freaking out their car broke down, or freaking out about how big of a hassle it is their car broke down.

Regardless of which option they choose it usually takes several attempts at explanation to make them grasp the concept they mis dialed.

*wiping tears from my cheeks* Gravekeeper, will you marry me?
      You're just trying to lure me across the border so there's less paperwork....

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        SC: "I can't stick my head under the bathroom sink. So I can only wash my face, neck and behind my ears in the kitchen sink."
        Ok. This one baffles me. Has this person never learned of the wonderful invention called the wash cloth? I think I mastered the trick of it back in grade school.

Yes, indeed! Give us your sick, your dying, your household pets, farm animals and marine life. Doesn't matter what it is, we'll at least take a damn good shot at it!.
        What about plants! Plants need tending, too.

This is the kind of relationship that ends in a 4am police dog search in a field 5kms from your home for something no one really wants to find except for one very desperate man. If you don’t get that reference, don't worry. If you do, I apologize. I am a bad, bad person.
        *snicker*

See that? I am full of Win and Awesome. Oh yes.
        Yes. Yes you are.

It's unwise to refer to the Skytrain cops as "Sky Pigs". Especially when two of them are within earshot behind you.……and you and your friends don't have transit tickets. I however can and will watch your plight and laugh at you.
        Hee. And we will delight in the retelling of said plight, and laugh as well.

You're just trying to lure me across the border so there's less paperwork....
        <.<
        >.>
        <.<

Um... No, we're not....

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think if we managed to lure him down to the states there'd be quite the catfight going on over him...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think they wanna molest you in ways i dont want to imagen... or see you melt.

Comment

*with something to add*
              Talking about TRPS in kara's post...
              I now think they want to chain you to a bed in a tiny speedo... then molest you

Comment

Shhhhh, Slice! Don't give away our game plan!

Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

"Ok, well, you have one end stuck to your muffin chute"

Thats probably my new favorite term for mouth. It just seems so fitting when your talking about some segments of the population

Comment

SC: "I can't stick my head under the bathroom sink. So I can only wash my face, neck and behind my ears in the kitchen sink."
                    Oo, but guess what? A bunch of really bright people got together and came up with this nifty little gadget that allows you to:

- Wash any part of your body you want to wash, WITHOUT sticking said opart under the fosset
                    - Use soap and water AT THE SAME TIME

Raise your hands, people, if you've ever heard of this revolutionary invention...

It's called a "washcloth". ZOMG, better go get one before they sell out.
                    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Whoever said that "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      *with something to add*
                      Talking about TRPS in kara's post...
                      I now think they want to chain you to a bed in a tiny speedo... then molest you
                      O.o

The what now?

Comment

Quote:
                        Quoth Gravekeeper
                        Yes, indeed! Give us your sick, your dying, your household pets, farm animals and marine life. Doesn't matter what it is, we'll at least take a damn good shot at it!.

What about plants! Plants need tending, too.
                        Here I am. I'm at lunch, eating my beans and rice, and MAN, does rice coming up out of nostrils HURT!!!!

*thumbs up*

Way to go!
                        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

O.o

The what now?
                          The Rocky Horror Picture Show... sorry use to being able to just say that... it comes in handy when your with friends and say suddenly say
                          "You know who would a a great Rocky in a opppsite TRPS cast? Morena Baccarin, cause shes sexy... and looks good in gold..."

I... am... kind of...weird...

Comment

Er, ok. Well, if you catch Carmen Santiago, let me know.

I Am A Terrible Person

Me: "Alright, your confirmation number is xxxx-xxxx"
                            SC: "Ok, xxxx-xxxx?"
                            Me: "Correct."
                            SC: "Alright, let me give the phone to my husband so you can tell him it again to make sure I'm right."
                            Me: "…..Ok."

This is the kind of relationship that ends in a 4am police dog search in a field 5kms from your home for something no one really wants to find except for one very desperate man. If you don’t get that reference, don't worry. If you do, I apologize. I am a bad, bad person.

1. It's Carmen Sandiego, actually.
                            2. Lol. Lorena Bobbitt.
                            Last edited by Gawdzillers; 06-12-2007, 08:50 PM.
                            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Oh chocolate frosted goody cakes.
                              I like this expression and think I shall start using it in conversation.
                              He loves the world...except for all the people.
                              --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                                I think if we managed to lure him down to the states there'd be quite the catfight going on over him...
                                No no, girls. He stays north of the 49.
                                -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                                -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working...
                                X