Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of Stereotype Asshole Man!!!

Okay, this is an update to a previous post: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=12608

The same guy and his wife(?) came in to work last night and wanted another chance to harass me. I hate how irony works....I walked away from his ass last time, and this time I had to wait on him and his weird wife. And....cue the deja vu:

Me: Hi, I'm cloudiko and I'm going to be waiting on you both tonight (blahblah about specials, etc...)

Stereotype Asshole Man (SAM): You're in here all the time, aren't you cloudiko?

Me: ...Yes, I have to save money for school. (earnestly I'm hoping he just leaves me alone and butts the hell out of my personal life....but no such luck)

SAM: What, are you a single mom or something?

Me: (thinking: did he really just say what I thought he said?!?!? I am tired, pissed off, and sick of dealing with people like him. Plus, didn't we go over this already; not even two days ago?) NO, I am not.

SAM: Are you a college student?

Me: YES! I am a student at *private university* and am going to graduate in two years with two degrees in *subject* and *subject*

SAM: But you aren't a single mom?

Me: NO!

After that little exchange, I managed to take their order without any incident and then put it into the computer. I even had a coworker double check it. Even asked my manager to be sure too...which became relevent because when they came up to the counter to pay, they disputed every charge on their bill. It was "why do I have to pay $xx.xx for this?" and so on.

So I had to go and get the manager, who ass kissed to them and gave them their food for half price...at this point I am fuming mad and just want to get the hell out of there. I guess they paid in cash, and I went to clear their table....and found nothing. The assholes had stiffed me. On a $30 check, on a night when we were swamped.

Needless to say, I'm working on my manager to ban them from the Resturant once and for all. Even if they continue to come in, I am going to refuse to serve them on the basis that I am sick of being harassed. Oh and having this guy continue to
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

People like that remind me of my great uncle.

He would say outlandish things to impress his wife, like "how that girl is probally a whore" or "that boy is on drugs" to (I guess?) make her think he's a big shot, still.

..what a dick >_>

Comment

Good GOD! Maybe they think that only single moms need tips or something. That was horrible of them.

PS. How much you wanna bet he told her to ask that?

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post

He would say outlandish things to impress his wife, like "how that girl is probally a whore" or "that boy is on drugs" to (I guess?) make her think he's a big shot, still.

..what a dick >_>
        ...and she was impressed by this?

If you do have to deal with him again, would your manager back you up if you were to tell the guy his schtick is getting old? Or you could just go up to them and say "Hi I'm cloudiko and I'll be taking care of you tonight because I am working my way through college so I don't turn into a single mother with a drug problem"? or something like that...
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-14-2007, 11:30 PM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Even if you were a single mom, it's none of his business why you're working there. Busybodies annoy the hell out of me.
          For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
          -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Quoth Rolling Star View Post
            Even if you were a single mom, it's none of his business why you're working there. Busybodies annoy the hell out of me.
            Very true...you could be married with 2 cats and just love waiting tables...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Or you could just go up to them and say "Hi I'm cloudiko and I'll be taking care of you tonight because I am working my way through college so I don't turn into a single mother with a drug problem"?
              I'm going to try that next time. The trick is saying it with a straight face...

And no, she wasn't impressed. However, she sucked just as much as SAM did.
              check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

Lois: "Meg, how could you afford that Prada purse?"
                Meg: "It's easy when you're a crack addicted teenage mother..."
                Peter: "Meg! How long have you been a teenager?"

That's probably misquoted, but I don't care.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

You should tell people like this that you don't discuss your personal life with strangers.

He can think whatever he wants.

Comment

Quoth cloudiko View Post
                    Stereotype Asshole Man (SAM): You're in here all the time, aren't you cloudiko?

Me: ...Yes, I have to save money for school. (earnestly I'm hoping he just leaves me alone and butts the hell out of my personal life....but no such luck)

SAM: What, are you a single mom or something?
                    Next time, tell him that you're a virgin.
                    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth cloudiko View Post
                      I managed to take their order without any incident and then put it into the computer. I even had a coworker double check it. Even asked my manager to be sure too...which became relevent because when they came up to the counter to pay, they disputed every charge on their bill. It was "why do I have to pay $xx.xx for this?" and so on.

So I had to go and get the manager, who ass kissed to them and gave them their food for half price...at this point I am fuming mad and just want to get the hell out of there. I guess they paid in cash, and I went to clear their table....and found nothing. The assholes had stiffed me. On a $30 check, on a night when we were swamped.

Needless to say, I'm working on my manager to ban them from the Resturant once and for all.
                      Truthfully, I wouldn't trust that manager to ban them, after that. But that's just me. I'm cynical right now.

And non-tippers suck.
                      Last edited by Becks; 06-17-2007, 03:12 AM. Reason: takes me a while to notice the typos sometimes
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
                        Next time, tell him that you're a virgin.
                        why do i have a feeling he doesnt believe any woman over the age 14 is a virgin...

Comment

Not if he has anthing to do with it.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            Not if he has anthing to do with it.
                            Eeeeewwwww!

Comment

Next time:

SAM: Are you, like, a single mom or something?
                              You: Do you suffer from erectile dysfunction and in turn validate yourself by passively berating strangers?

Comment

Working...
                              X