This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day at my new job

Trainer takes me and the other newbie upstairs to cover some stuff before we go downstairs and practice on the registers ... and then on the customers ...

A woman sitting at a computer in one of the upstairs rooms looks around as we walk in, and then looks at trainer.

"Please ... PLEASE ... tell me these are new staff members!"

Trainer says yes.

"Thank GAWD." Woman turns back to her computer.

Turns out she was the scheduler, and it being summer, of course they have all kinds of vacations coming up and the usual call-in s.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

It's nice to be appreciated for merely existing. Just wait until you start actually DOING stuff. They won't know how to demonstrate their gratitude.

Still, this does mean we won't be getting regular postcards from the clusterfuck now. Ah well, can't have it all.

Comment

Never say never too soon, Buzzard.

For one thing, I'm new, so I will be very slow right at this point.

And secondly ... it's a grocery store. I suspect the only difference in my posts will be that most will be in the Sucky Customers section.

Also, I'm still in touch with The Clusterfuck, so will pass along any gossip that I hear. Although you are right in that I won't be there to report in the first person.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Isn't a Clusterfuck just a posh word for an orgy? ��
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          Isn't a Clusterfuck just a posh word for an orgy? ��
          similar! in an orgy most participants are enjoying themselves, in a clusterfuck only a few are!

Comment

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
            similar! in an orgy most participants are enjoying themselves, in a clusterfuck only a few are!
            I'm not sure anybody at The Clusterfuck was enjoying themselves. Is there word for a totally negative clusterfuck??
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Charlie Foxtrot?

Comment

SNAFU? FUBAR? Middle School?
                My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Alive?
                  invisible filling
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The printable version is trainwreck!

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      I'm not sure anybody at The Clusterfuck was enjoying themselves. Is there word for a totally negative clusterfuck??
                      Goatfuck, bag of dicks, mongolian clusterfuck. and that is just military, though i can say there ware many more just not coming to mind right off the bat
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Just waiting for you to get notice of your NCNS at your last job.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
                          SNAFU? FUBAR? Middle School?
                          A middle school clusterfuck...... l'll take things l am going to hell for visualizing for $500 please Alex...
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                            Just waiting for you to get notice of your NCNS at your last job.
                            Alas, in my attempt to be nice to the Scheduler, who really is between a rock and a hard place, I don't think that's going to happen. Shame, eh?
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              A middle school clusterfuck...... l'll take things l am going to hell for visualizing for $500 please Alex...
                              In my defense, Middle School was hell on earth for me
                              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X