Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the job! May it be everything you hoped for.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thank you! Hooray for verbal incontinence?
      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Congratulations on getting the job! I almost forgot how stressful interviews can be, and I don't miss those days at all.

Thankfully, I never got any of the bullshit questions like the one about the fictional character, or got asked to describe myself, but I was nervous as hell. I did get a bit of a tension-breaker at one interview though. I was interviewing with two guys in the one guy's office, and the one guy was throwing one computer term after another at me, trying to figure out what I knew.

He told me I seemed to know my stuff, and I told him, "I confess that I'm not familiar with that one though", pointing to some writing on his white board that said "WIDS." He told me, "Oh don't worry about that. That means 'We're In Deep Shit.'" Everyone had a good laugh, and things seemed a lot more relaxed from that point.

Oh, and I got the job. Been there 24 years now.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Good to hear you got hired!
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
          X