This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostile work conditions, but we deserved it

1) Tuesday morning at 7:30am me and two other supervisors made a bet. The first one to cave and have a cigarette has to pay the other two $100. The second one to crash has to pay the last one standing $50.

2) There's not enough work today for everybody so some guys are at home and dispatch assigns the three of us to be the only three at one particular job today (he has a twisted sense of humor)

3) Since the three of us 'work so well together' he doesn't assign the job to anybody, just says we can 'figure it out' (did I mention dispatch has an evil twisted mind?)

4) Job is a one room 10'x14' boathouse, we can't even separate and work in our own areas, we are literally working on top of each other all day, each trying to do things the way we (individually) want them done (dispatch guy sent us a group text around 11am, so who did you decide was in charge for the job? We each sent him back 'I am!' He just sent us back laughing faces)

5) Send all of us a group message EVERY HOUR of a video of him outside, having a cigarette and making mmmmm noises (seriously I think this man is the devil in disguise)
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

That sounds like something me and my friends would do to each other

Comment

And who won the bet?
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Still going strong, and we are all bitchier then ever!

I think this weekend is going to be hard, 2 of us going out of town to a trade show, probably be getting some drinks into us....

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
          we are literally working on top of each other all day, each trying to do things the way we (individually) want them done (dispatch guy sent us a group text around 11am,
          I guess that confirms that he knew about the bet...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
            Still going strong, and we are all bitchier then ever!

I think this weekend is going to be hard, 2 of us going out of town to a trade show, probably be getting some drinks into us....
            And what general area are you in? I want to make sure I avoid it.
            Save the Ales!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              And who won the bet?
              Contestant #3: He/she rolled them up and smoked their asses.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                And what general area are you in? I want to make sure I avoid it.
                Stay out of Toronto this weekend kids, no area in the city is safe from the all-encompassing bitchy!

One guy broke today, just the two of us going away tomorrow are left in.

Comment

I am not sure that Atlanta is far enough away. I'll be praying for the folks in the North East..
                  Save the Ales!

Comment

Working...
                  X