This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grill cook who quit, i love /hate you

(i dont know if this a coworker post or a management post or what, and its 1:30 am i hurt havn't eaten since 4pm and am trying not to have my blood sugar crash again)

so i got text today from my manager, asking me to call her. This is weird because.... she like to have records of all interactions and prefers texts.

so i call and she says some one quit can you work tonight from 5-10 friday from 8-3 and sunday from 7-1? i say sure thinking score hours.

about an hour before i come in i get a call form a tm. she is about 7 months pregnant and is having one of those days where she basically hasn't eaten because she cant stop throwing up.

she was scheduled to close saw i was coming in and asked if i can stay til close. i say sure cause thats 2-2.5 more hours for me.

I go in and find that the person who quit was another of our grill cooks. execpt he didn't so much as quit as.... packed up and moved and didn't tell anyone (hmmmm wasn't i engaged to you once......) anyway manager had to move people around to compensate for fact she now has to be one of the cooks until someone else is trained. im am ok with this cause yay hours. only problem? im wokr close.

im not really trained... at all... to close.

all i really know to do is break down and clean the fryer area and mop.

w our local crappy tm gave me a list of things to do before i leave and said i had to leave by 12:30 the first 2 where clean smoothie and shake machine...

i told him ive never done this before and he just kind of ignores me so i start working on it doing what little i know to do from watching others. around my second trip to get water to flush out the machine the bottom step of the stupid Go shi step stool rocks beneath me. tjme my will to not fall is much greater as i only have about 3 feet between me and a hard resin counter a heavy ass register and possibly a few day in a hospital, so i go completely rigid and lean all my weight forward. every quickly.

so quickly i pull something in my back.

also as im doing all this, running fryer and taking orders i begin to feel worst and worst and worst and around 11pm and the 5th time i bent over and the world went momentary black when i stood up i realised what it was.

I hadn't eaten anything since about 4 pm and i hadn't had anything to drink since about 8pm and that drink had not calories.

My blood sugar is dropping. Based on history and my own general knowledge of blood sugar and my body my guess is my blood sugar was about..... 50. for all the medical personal people who read this please be aware i once got a bs of 35 and was still semi conscience and functional.... ish.....

so im getting slower, im having a harder time focusing im really really off balance (at one point i almost feel over standing up) and im struggling to do the stuff on my list finally after 2 hours and finally getting w to help me get at least the shake machine back together i can work on breaking down the fryer, sweeping the floor and doing dishes, with only the reassembly of the smoothie machine needing to be done. i do all this fumble thorugh a smoothie machine reassembly and at about 12:40 after W has complained twice i was suppose to be gone my 12:30 i say ok ill go now.

He says wait what you need to mop the floor and clean the front counters. neither of which are on his list. I quickly get it done, mop the floor and at 1 am we both are finally able to leave.

at one point i tried to thank him for his patience with me while i was trying to doing something completely new to me with a hurt back, but i was so tired and low im afraid i came off snotty.....

oh this weekend will be fun.

If you're having blood sugar problems, please see a doctor! You may need medicine, you probably need to work out a treatment plan.

Get a medical note to give to the bosses so they know the problems and make sure you eat regularly! You don't need to faint and end up falling into the fryer vat.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      If you're having blood sugar problems, please see a doctor! You may need medicine, you probably need to work out a treatment plan.
      xcashier, im a type 2 diabetic, already diagnosed. take meteformin every day. the drop was due to said medication, and the fact lunch/dinner had consisted only of tuna sandwiches

the time i mentioned i had a 35 bs, was when i was taking meteformin for treatment of PCOS in highschool. im a bit medication sensitive and they tended to work very well at drop my blood sugar. so much so an hour after lunch each day i had to eat something else or badness. A teacher didnt believe me so i started taking a glucose montior to school and when i started feelign bad i would check it and show it her.

lets just say the 35 day caroused some premission for me to eat and lay down.
      Last edited by Sliceanddice; 04-03-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Ah, okay, I didn't know you'd been diagnosed and had medicine, sorry if I went overboard there. My dad was diabetic, and I remember what he went through when his sugar crashed, that's why I was concerned. As long as your bosses know too, and understand what needs to be done.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

i have a feeling its one of the many things i mentioned in my jo b interview that the manager has forgotten to be honest.

Comment

Working...
          X