This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good, the bad, the gross

No major suck this weekend, despite it being very busy. Just stories.

The good

Some ladies were waiting for their room to be cleaned, so they checked their luggage and went away for a bit. When the room was clean I delivered the luggage to the room. They had some grocery bags with water bottles and fruit and such, so I unloaded those in the refrigerator. When they got back to the room they called down and asked to thank whoever it was who put all their groceries away. Apparently it was the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Am I good? I'm good.

The bad

A couple came up to celebrate the husband's birthday. We had ordered them cake, got them nice window seats in the restaurant, etc. They checked in, went out to their car to get their luggage...and the woman came back in tears. They'd just gotten the call that a close family member had passed. So we checked them out at no charge, got the woman some coffee in a to-go cup, and cancelled the dinner and cake. They'll probably be back in a few weeks so we'll make sure they get cake...and probably some booze...next time.

The gross

A woman holding her infant was checking out. The infant was holding the key card. When I got it, it was wet. Apparently the kid had been gnawing on it earlier. My hand still felt slimy after wiping it on my pants, but I had to check out two more guests before I could get around to washing my hands. Ick.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

At least it wasn't piss, amiright? :P
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      At least it wasn't piss, amiright? :P
      That would probably have been cleaner. Or at least closer to sterile. Mouths are icky.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
      X