This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got fired this morning

Apparently they were looking for somebody superhuman. For $13.57 an hour.

Huge hugs. That stinks. I'm so sorry.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

*hugs* I'm sorry, management always seems to think we can do the impossible and we're miracle workers. I hope a great job comes your way soon.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

So sorry to hear that. I hope you find something much better soon.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm so sorry. That completely and utterly blows. They want someone to be a cross between a fairy godmother, Hercules and a terrier, but they only want to pay in dog treats. The other issue I've run into is when someone else previously held the job for years, retires or moves away, and they expect you to immediately fit perfectly into and do this job that is so convoluted and out of date in processes that you're tearing your hair out after a few hours.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Apparently they were looking for somebody superhuman. For $13.57 an hour.
            Employers nowadays are setting the bar way too high for too little reward. That really stinks. I'm sorry.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in the job hunt and hopefully you find something soon.
              Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It just disgusts me how little of the pie that management is willing to share. They crack the whip, work you to death (literally in some cases), and the harder you go, the more they expect. Meanwhile all they're doing is sitting back and counting the money. Good luck finding something better.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

So sorry to hear that! I hope you find something better soon.
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I am so sorry to hear it. Hope you find something better.

Comment

That royally sucks. Hope something better comes along soon.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

But, but, but! You SHOULD have been superhuman for that kind of wage! After all, you were getting way more than the federal minimum wage! I don't see what your problem is. You really should have been grateful just to have a job at all.

/sarcasm.

Seriously; hope you find something new soon.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Thanks, guys! It's so nice to hear that I'm not the ass in this story . . .

Well, I have some good news. After a week of sorting over my finances and my other options, I have determined that with a little luck I should be able to retire effective immediately.

So, honestly? They did me a favor.

Comment

Sounds like it all worked out for the best then. My mom went through similar a couple of years ago when she got "restructured" out of a job right before Christmas. She ended up taking early retirement.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

And now I envy you, Morgana.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X