Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game Idea] H+: The Singularity (OOC & Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries, just take it easy.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

As I said over in the Dresden RPG thread, as far as I'm concerned, Rule One of Internet Role-Play is:

Real Life Always Comes First.

Rest up, get your head right, and we'll be ready for you.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Name:
        Tyger Bvaric aka "B1ad3Runn3r"

Tyger is just trying to make ends meet by doing deliveries. He delivers everything from books to packages to pizza to you-name-it for "Comet Delivery Services". He once delivered a baby in an elevator, while delivering a rare book to an address. When you see him, it's usually nothing more than a blur and taillights as his Akira 750 zooms past in traffic, unless he's delivering to your door.

Backstory:
        Tyger is the son of former Black Ops soldier, Colonel Paetr Bvaric. While the family was never overly comfortable, they weren't struggling like most, and lived below their means. (While they could afford to live well, they lived in similar conditions to most enlisted families because they CHOSE to.) Tyger was raised with a strong work ethic and raised to work for everything he had. He came from a military district, and served four years in the armed forces out of high school. Getting out, he moved to the Hub because it was where he found his current job.
        Tyger spends his time away from work with Bria, eating at "Xiang Yun's Asia Garden", or gaming. Gamers fear him for good reason, as he's likely beaten and likely humiliated them at least twice.

Description:
        At 5' 9' and 150 pounds, Tyger is one of those Average Joes who will surprise the ever-livin' crap out of you if you push the wrong buttons. Even though he's older than most gamers by a magnitude of three or even four, he is known across the Interlink as a master gamer.
        He plays MotoGP: Unlimited and has raced the incredibly difficult to master Kenny Roberts Yamaha YZR500 to victory in eight straight Interlink tournament championships. His other preferred game is the virtual combat/fighter, Combat Evolved: Rage of the Dragon, in which he is the reigning 7 year World Champion.

B1ad3Runn3r is hulking 7' tall armored humanoid who is at home in combat games and racing games. B1ad3Runn3r has also been known to dabble in the First-Person Shooter games available, but he likes the fighter games better.
        If you ever see this massive, Pwngod become your opponent, surrender; it will be less painful.

Abilities:
        Tyger is highly proficient in the MILITARY form of Krav Maga.(Yes, there are TWO forms of Krav Maga, civilian and military.)
        Tyger also has cybernetic enhancements to his reactionary nervous system that give him reflexes that nearly rival a feline's own. He uses this advantage in both online combat games and in his high-speed job. Why he has such an augment is his most closely-guarded secret. In fact, only he knows, having never written his source down...
        Tyger's bike, while looking and operating like a showroom-stock Akira 750 Metro-class motorcycle, is in fact an experimental suit of armor that was developed by Tyr Industries for scout-troops. The salesman who legitimately sold Tyger the bike had no idea it was actually stolen from the military and hidden in a commercial shipment by, and for, parties unknown.
        B1ad3Runn3r can outfight most anyone on the Interlink. He's tough, fast, and if you get inside his reach, it's Game Over.

Flaws:
        Tyger has a DEFINITE thing for saki synthol and oriental food. If anyone went looking for him, all they'd have to do was look for a man in motorcycle gear at one of the local oriental food stalls, (usually Xiang Yun's Asia Garden, his favorite oriental restaurant) or at Jo Jo's, the bar where Bria works.
        He's often direct, has anger-management issues (Why talk your way out when the muzzle of a pistol or edge of a blade can speak for you, right?), and is decidedly outspoken against the current Powers In Control.

Equipment:
        Tyger carries a CRKT M16 EDC pocket knife, and a 1911 CS pistol on his person at all times, and has a tactical tomahawk hidden on his bike. His avatar carries a datablade.

Contacts:
        John "Squirrel" St. Helens, main dispatcher for Comet Delivery Services, a short, balding 2nd-generation Sicilian. Hates the movie "Princess Bride" but quotes Vizzini often. "Squirrel's a pain in the arse, but he's a good man to work for/with.
        Bria, Tyger's lover and high school friend who tends bar at a local synthol establishment, Jo Jo's. She doesn't live with him, but he's asked often. She's 5' 6", pretty, and an albino.
        "Sierra", a female avatar that occasionally pops up to hit on Tyger from time to time. Nothing much is known about her ((DM can play with her))
        Xiang Yun, the female owner of "Xiang Yun's Asia Garden", Tyger's favorite food stand. Whether or not Xiang has dark connections is uncertain, but then again, who suspects the owner of an Asian food joint?
        Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-22-2013, 12:19 AM. Reason: incorrect delivery service name.

Comment

...too much?

Comment

Sorry about the silence, Tyger, been a bit busy and haven't had the time to sit down and work on H+ stuff. Tyger/Bladerunner is IN.

On another note, Chanlin-- The Bard's show isn't going to be a boom, done thing like that. Some significant story-events will be taking place there. I just didn't expect this Hub Scrap/Bratva fight scene to pull everyone in so quickly.

Let's instead say that Noah finds some time in the prep period for the show to send his drone around to Kenstern's place?
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

I hope I didn't intrude... I can adjust my post to fit the story's needs.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Ill try to reply to the main ic thread when I find more free time. Only 1 1/2 weeks left of summer camp. I come home August 4.

Comment

Still in the game, but I've been crazy busy with getting ready to move next week. I'll try to post another bit for Dani in a few days.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                    Still in the game, but I've been crazy busy with getting ready to move next week. I'll try to post another bit for Dani in a few days.
                    I try to pace the GM posts so they come after everyone's had a chance to respond.

Remember Rule One of Internet Role Play, as defined by Jay 2K Winger-- "Real Life Always Comes First."

Comment

RL sux... but yes, it comes first.

Comment

So we got moved and after a week of no a/c and finally putting a dent in the boxes we need to unpack, we're comfortably settled in. Is the game still on?

Comment

Game is still on. I'll see if I can't inject a little life into it later this week.

Comment

Woo hooo

Comment

Okay, it may be a bit longer before I can do an update. I'm on vacation in OBX (the Outer Banks, NC, for those who don't know) and the Internet connection is spotty at best. I may have to make use of Dad's mobile wifi device to try to get a more solid connection later this week. I'd intended to make a GM post before leaving, but that didn't work out so well.

So that's what's going on.

Comment

RL strikes again.

Comment

Working...
                                X