X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally some karma

And no it's not my family, sorry.

This is actually about an RPG I was a part of from 2000 - 2010. I've talked a little about it here already. It used to be a huge group and it was actually how I met my husband.

Some background is here: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=68568

In it's heyday this group had just over 2,000 people. We had a ball! There was always people hanging out in the off topic chatroom and it was like one big silly family.

In about 2008 was when I really began to notice people leaving. At first it was like "well yeah, they were troublemakers", but soon many of my friend's names began to pop up. These were good people, and very creative and talented RPers.

There was a shift in attitude among the staff. Instead of the staff tailoring storylines to the characters in thier group, they just did whatever storyline they wanted to, then complained when it didn't go as smoothly as they hoped.

Of course because it became more like a job then a game, we had more players leave. Those that stayed were mosty "mary sues" playing flawless characters who were irresistable to the opposite sex. I guess I was singled about because I played well-rounded characters who were more like real people.

It got to the point that I was being harassed, not only by players but the staff as well. I was told that I was being "too sensitve" or that it was because I was a bad person and deserved it. It got to the piont that was having panic attacks when it became game time. I would even play WoW during game time so I didn't have to focus completely on it.

I vented on here and then left soon after. When I left there were about 400 people in the game.

On a whim today I went to thier website to check on them. It's dying a slow painful death. Only 127 people are still there.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/
Working...
X