This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep telling myself it's just stuff

I got a call from my daughter in law today while I was at school. My house has burned down.

Everyone got out okay, all of our dogs are okay, and we have really good insurance, but we have pretty much lost everything. I keep telling myself it's just stuff, but ...

My only picture of my dad. My pictures of my kids when they were babies..all of my dragon figurines..all of my collectible books...all of it's gone.
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

*huge hugs* It's 'just stuff', but it's YOUR stuff and it's not replacable. I'm so very sorry! Glad everyone is safe, but sorry for the loss of your photos and favourite things.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Yeah, stuff is just stuff but some stuff means a lot.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh, man, that just sucks.

Glad to hear that there were no animate casualties, though.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm so sorry for what was lost, and it is good that no one was hurt.. You have my #, feel free to use it if needed.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

And you have my number too.
            So sorry sweetie! Sucks so majorly.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I am glad no one was hurt, but my heart just breaks for you! I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted as to insurance and finding another place to live, etc.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh shit. I"m sorry! *hugs*...fuck.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

That's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Some stuff can't be replaced. At least everyone made it okay. That's the most important thing. But still...it's perfectly okay to mourn your lost items.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Oh that's just awful. As others have said, thank goodness everyone got out all right.. but yes, it sucks to lose things that mean a lot to you, not because of their cost but because of their value
                    You have somewhere to stay?
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm glad nobody was hurt, but still...
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                        It's 'just stuff', but it's YOUR stuff and it's not replacable. I'm so very sorry! Glad everyone is safe, but sorry for the loss of your photos and favourite things.
                        This. Oh, how dreadful for you. *hugs, hugs, hugs*

Comment

Thanks guys. We are currently living in two rooms at the Best Western because everything else was full, and my insurance is paying for it. I have great insurance, but getting everything organized is going to take some time. I took the family on a huge shopping trip to Wallyworld just to buy clothes to tide us over, and spent over $1k ...... biggest shopping trip I've ever gone on. Insurance is sending money today to get us through this week, we see adjusters on Thursday, but the house is unlivable for the forseeable future, and I need to start looking for a place for all of us to stay that will take our dogs (we have 5) who are currently at the Vet's being boarded (Allstate is paying for it). We are trying to list everything we lost, but I just break down and cry..it just seems like so much, but I have my family and friends, and our animals, so I just tell myself that it will be okay eventually.
                          Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm so sorry.

I have quilts, I will ship. Let me know how many/what sizes.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

<big hugs to kansasgal> I'm so, so sorry to hear that.
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                              X