This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seraph vs the Peacock

Because apparently me getting attacked by sticks isn't enough comedy, I told a tale from my childhood in the chat room today, and figured I'd post it here as well. Yes, I must be masochistic or something.

Way back when I was young and we still were in Louisiana, we lived near a peacock farm. I was....4? 5? Decided I wanted a feather. So I carefully climbed through the wires, and went in search of a male. The resulting incident was forever burned into my brain.

Didn't take me long, before I found one sleeping. When I tugged on his tail, he turned and came after me, like any sane person would expect ANYTHING to do.

Oh, I ran.

I ran like a tiny tiny roadrunner trying to get away from psycho bird, who was trying to peck me into oblivion and was screaming like a barghest.

I managed to make it back to the fence, but hit two of the wires trying to get through. I pinged the middle wire with my back, and the bottom one with the back of my leg.

The current catapulted me through, thankfully, if it'd flung me backwards, I'd have probably ended up bird food.

You'd think I'd be grateful for this. Oh no.

Being completely still stupid as get out, I danced and did a little war cry at the peacock from the other side. Yes, I taunted the angry peacock.

Mr. Peacock was still ticked, and here is his target dancing and laughing at him just ten or so feet away. He just flattened himself onto the ground and went UNDER the bottom wire.

I just kinda stood there for a second all :O and then hauuuuuled again, down the middle of the street this time. Now that I recall, I ran PAST MY HOUSE. I'm not sure why, my brain was kinda stuck processing "BIRD WANTS TO EAT ME RUUUUUUN."

Needless to say, the entire street came outside to see why there was shrieking and a banshee. Thankfully, one of our neighbors, this big guy, ended up running and grabbing me and carrying me like a football back into his house.

Stupid peacock went NUTS on his porch trying to get at me, pooped all over the place. And stayed there for a long time, while I just quivered on the floor inside his house, trying to get my breath back, and thinking that my parents were totally going to KILL ME.

I don't remember what happened after that, but I do know that it was the end of ever going near the peacock farm again.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

You were a brave one! As my momma used to say, "Are you brave or just stupid?"
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm trying NOT to laugh. Seriously, I am. For reals.

(had to edit in not.... Probably because not laughing wasn't my mindset).

But omg, that's hilarious XD. Not for poor little Seraph at the time, but crazy hilarious now.

I was rooting for you and going ouch when you got hurt, but when you put the part that the peacock flattened himself, I lost it lol. That, and when he pooped all over the porch in anger.

I hope that didn't cause a major fear of peacocks which would be understandable.
      Last edited by Slayer; 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Seraph, ENEMY OF NATURE. </Doom>
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Must not laugh Must not laugh. I can so picture this!

And Jay 2k is right, you are the Enemy of Nature *thunder*
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

That reminds me of a story my grandmother tells me.

When she was younger, they lived on a farm where they raised a lot of chickens. She was 3 and trying to go gather eggs when the "cranky old rooster" saw her bothering the hens, puffed up and started chasing her all over the farmyard.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
              Must not laugh Must not laugh. I can so picture this!

And Jay 2k is right, you are the Enemy of Nature *thunder*
              Now I just had another mental image.

You remember "Young Frankenstein?" At what would happen every time someone mentioned Frau Blücher?

Quoth Horses
              *WHINNY!*
              ...exactly.

Now I can't help but picture that sort of thing happening whenever Seraph's name is mentioned around equines...
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                You were a brave one! As my momma used to say, "Are you brave or just stupid?"
                ...Jury is still out on that one

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Seraph, ENEMY OF NATURE. </Doom>
                I knew you'd love this, LOL. Told you that your title was eerily accurate!

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Now I can't help but picture that sort of thing happening whenever Seraph's name is mentioned around equines...
                I was once at a little school fair when the horse they were having horse rides with stepped off to the side and then stepped on my shoe. He had no reason to sidle like that, he just like...aimed for my shoe. Luckily I was curling and uncurling my toes (hot summer, sticky feet), he caught me in the middle of it, and only pinched the edge and nail.

Still hurt like nothing else. ;_; and they kept him away from me afterwards. I didn't get to ride him at all, and everyone else did. XD
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Ok, you do not get to visit my friend's cottage on one of the Lake Erie islands. The peacocks and peahens wander around loose/free over most of the island. And I'd rather not have you lose an arm to her parrot.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I think there needs to be thread with Seraph vs Nature. I'm sure there are other stories to be had.

Comment

Funny, when the rabbits get mad at us they poop someplace they know they're not supposed to go!

Seraph, your story reminded me of when my family went on a walk through a petting zoo/wildlife sanctuary. We were walking down a path when a VERY ANGRY SWAN approached, flaring his wings, hissing, scratching. Dad got in front of us all and we started to back away. Unfortunately Dad was wearing a big silver cowboy belt buckle that caught the sun. The swan went berserk and started jabbing Dad's buckle with its beak. I remember hearing "Hssssss....Ting!Ooof!" over and over as we finally ran away. Poor Dad!

I'm just picturing your peacock slithering under the wires like some colorful landbound horseshoe crab!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Remember, people, birds used to be dinosaurs, and somewhere in the backs of those tiny little brains, they remember.

I wonder how many people get injured and killed every year by birds?

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          Remember, people, birds used to be dinosaurs, and somewhere in the backs of those tiny little brains, they remember.
                          Ok, I darn near lost my drink when I read that line.

In my scrapbook I have a photo from when I was 3 or 4, where I am about eight feet up a tree, with an exceedingly perturbed goose standing directly under me, giving me a death glare. Apparently I was treed by a goose. I wish I knew what on earth I did to end up in that situation! Also, Seraph, when I have to go babysit my mom's farm this summer, can I pack you along with? They don't have TV or phone, and you have to sit on the barn roof to borrow the neighbor's internet (no seriously, it's legitimately borrowed, the neighbor even helped me configure my computer) so I could really use the wall-to-wall entertainment! Good grief I needed that laugh... thanks for sharing the story.

Comment

Geese (especially white ones) and roosters (just certain ones) are evil.

Growing up we had white geese that would chase you. And had roosters that would go for the face. My Mom knocked one out once and he woke up and came after us again.

and I love that quote Andara
                            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

When I was still my healthy self I was doing open water swimming. To practice the boat got loaded and I would swim along side back and forth this lake. One summer we went out and a DNR guy happened to be checking out a report of a mad swan. Some stupid idiots hurt the mate so the wildlife foundation was called to haul both birds in. Cept they weren't finding the nest, hurt bird, and the pissed off bird.

Cue one of the boaters getting a bite and me swimming away from the boat. It's hard to swim straight in open water and so I veered. First I knew I was in trouble when I got jabbed by a thick body. My head came out and I was face to beak with a pissed off mate. My head turns a bit at a second hiss, oh look the hurt bird and the nest.

I tried to back away but still got hit again by that beak. I let out a scream and I hear mom telling her ex to forget the bird our daughter needs us. I'm splashing at the bird and backing up fast and next thing I know there is the DNR boat between me and the pissed swan. He hauls me in and gets me backed from there.

Good news was my splashing through off the birds attacks and I only ended up with bruising to my side and a nickel of flesh out of my leg. Both swans were caught and as far as I know lived out the summer in a protected fenced stocked pond with a full recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X