This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation Time!

I graduate tomorrow and I am REALLY excited. I'll be graduating in the morning and I am looking forward to it, especially because THorgrim (boyfriend) is coming along!!!!!

I just had to pick up my academic dress this morning from the uni.

Turns out they measure by height, so I get given one size gown.

Ooop, turns out that it's too small for me. The one they HAVE given me is way too big though I think.

(on a side-note, $50 to hire this stuff out?!)

And now I have to quote my friend who graduated from HIS degree (different uni) on Monday: "Where the hookers at?"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Conga rats *grins*!
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yay! Congrats on graduating! Hope you can rig something so that you don't trip over the dress. Hookers? Well, I've heard that they're essential members of rugby teams...
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
        Yay! Congrats on graduating! Hope you can rig something so that you don't trip over the dress. Hookers? Well, I've heard that they're essential members of rugby teams...
        it's about knee length so I'm not worried about tripping. By too big, I meant width.

And my friend is known for being a bit of a comedian...not a footy player. He's also the last of my little friendship trio from high school to actually GET a better half

Comment

Whoops! I was expecting the gowns to be much longer.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I honestly feel sorry for the medical students.

Basically, our academic dress is composed of three parts: the cap aka mortarboard, the gown and the hood. The gown is not a problem: EVERYBODY apart from the PhD/Doctorate students wears black. Mortarboards, same deal. Everyone wears the same one except for the Doctorate students, who wear a Black floppy bonnet.

The hoods however, are....unique. They go around the back and differentiate between the degrees. Every degree (or group of degrees) is marked by a different hood.

Undergrads: White with trim.
            Postgrad Diploma/Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma: plain light blue.
            Masters students: light blue with trim.
            Doctorate: Navy/red.

The Medical Students? Their hood lining is apple green. And it is HORRIBLE. It's more like a dull horrible green if anything. The outer lining of the hoods (the part that isn't seen as much) is navy. yeah, not a good look.

The nurses get off surprisingly easy, they have the white with the brick red trim.

Apparently I am a bit of a boofhead though I needed the second-biggest size mortarboard

Comment

I HAVE GRADUATED!!!!

Go me!

The ceremony went off without a hitch, although we were gouged out of around $50 for the stage photos....still beats the $100 it would've cost for the online photos! (that was $50 for two btw)

Comment

Congrats and party time.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Congratulations fireheart!!
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Congrats, Fireheart!!!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                    X