This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is intriguing ...

I got an email from my brother saying he will be in town from Dec. 7-10.

Brother: "Long story, but some stuff to do... can come back in new year, but still be there in December..."

I am a bit bewildered. Mom is gone, the house is gone ... what has he got to do here that requires his personal presence?

Any suggestions/ideas?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Do you want plausible ideas or should we go conspiracy theory on you?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Do you want plausible ideas or should we go conspiracy theory on you?
      Either one is fine! The plausible ideas would be useful, but the conspiracy theories would be a lot more fun.

I can't decide whether he's coming with some bad news for me or whether the trip is totally unrelated to family matters.

I told him that I have two jobs so if this was just a social visit, he might want to wait until spring (the second job, the seasonal one, would be long over by then). He said he could come back in the spring but he had to come down here now anyway, so ....
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Plausible: Needs to be physically present to turn in documents to close out accounts.

Conspiracy theory: Same as above, but those accounts are unknown to the rest of the sibs and have LOTS of money in them.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Plausible: Needs to be physically present to turn in documents to close out accounts.
          That would make a lot of sense, as such docs need to be witnessed in most states.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

He's returning to avenge her death?
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

Conspiracy theory: Same as above, but those accounts are unknown to the rest of the sibs and have LOTS of money in them.
              Hmmm, your "Plausible" sounds ... plausible. I know nothing about estates and the processes involved.

taxguykarl: We live in Canada; not sure whether that matters, since (see above, LOL) ....

CT: OOOH ...

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              He's returning to avenge her death?

If he's going to be running around in tights and a cape, I don't want to know about it.

Avenging her death could be interesting, since it could be fairly said that the person most responsible for her death was ... her. She was non-compliant with her meds and doctors' appointments for many years before she ended up in the hospital and nursing home, and she continued to be non-compliant with her meds during her years in the nursing home. I don't mean to be snarky when I say I'm actually a bit surprised that she lived as long as she did, considering she had multiple health issues and refused to take the meds needed to deal with ANY of them.

Perhaps I should go out and buy a Ouija board in preparation ...
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
              X