This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 3 (In Character)

As Kaitlin answered the door and was face to face with a man and a woman. Both looked similar, and both were dressed in 'Men in Black' type attire. "Kaitlin Allen?" Asked the female.

The male was shorter then the female, and skinnier, almost looked like a scarecrow. Like his partner, he had black hair with white star like shapes in it. The female was a bit taller, and less gaunt, but still could be considered 'petite'.

The man nodded "It is her. May we have a moment of your time?"
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

"Um..." She glanced down at her phone to check the time. She'd be late if she stayed to talk with them. "I'm not really interested in listening to a sales routine right now. I was on my way out, so..."
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

The man chuckles. "It will just take a minute, and it is about your new job. We have a .. counter offer." Unfortunately he starts coughing, and almost doubles over. The woman looks a bit concerned, but carries on.

"My brother picked up your recent...gift..and we approached your superiors first. We are from Section 3." ((Which nobody yet has even heard of.)) "A international government agency. We would like to offer you the opportunity to come work for us." she hands you a card with an address and a phone number. "Think about it, call us, we can answer your questions then. Just keep in mind that you will do a lot more good with us, then you will anywhere else."

The man manages to catch his breath. "Alexis dear, you are forgetting to warn her that it will also be more dangerous."

"Alex..how can we recruit if you scare off the potential recruits?!"

"Honesty is more important dear sister." he turns to you. "You have a very important gift, please think about it."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"I'll...think about it." She takes the card and slips it into a pocket. "Do you need cough drops or something? I think I've still got some lying around from my last cold..."
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

He shakes his head. "Cough drops can not help me, thank you however."

The two of them start to leave and Alexis turns back around. "You might want to try to keep your powers secret. People are starting to get scared, and are lashing out at the wrong people. Our agency is hoping to change how people see us, for the better." then she turns back around and helps her brother.

Comment

Kate blinks after the two of them and shuts the door softly, pulling the card out of her pocket. Maybe her friends could wait...

((and off to bed for me, so you can jump to someone else))
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Ananda had just finished mailing out a few resumes. Just as she got the feeling that something big was about to happen, a large black van pulls up.

Out steps two females ((Dressed like Blade from the movies, swords and all)). Both were female. One was oriental but had a strange natural looking 'blue hair', wore red lipstick, and had some freaky eyes that resembled white crystals. The other appeared to be from the Middle East, but had natural looking red hair that almost resembled living flame, wore blue lipstick, and eyes that burned like embers.

"Ananda Brynildson? Jasmin Wylde, section 3." Ananda is given the same recruitment effort as Kate..the card, etc.

"Time is an issue, we would appreciate a response quickly."

Comment

((oh hay ))

Ananda opened the door, and couldn't restrain the jump, like she'd been pinched, when she registered that these were mutants. Mutants too. ... She'd have to get used to that now.
                It was still strange to see people who were like comic book characters. The college student eyed the two professionals as the blue-haired lady told her why they were on her parents' doorstep.
                "Time is an issue, we would appreciate a response quickly." Ananda tore her eyes away from the sword on her back-- "Okay. How "International" is this?" The quotes were obvious, as was her jaundiced tone. "Who knows about this?" ... the other woman was about to open her mouth, but Ananda cut in with one last question, feeling like an idiot. "And why is time an issue?"
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

The one that appears to be from the Middle East answers honestly. "Not many. Mostly on the current heads of governments from all of the nations. However, if you would like we can arrange a meeting with the President of the United States, or the heads of whichever government you would like. We are pretty independent, however."

Comment

Any other person saying that, she'd've laughed. Instead she almost choked on her spit. She leaned her head forward a bit, looking back into the house through the hallway. Dad would be out in the garage. She looked back at them. She opened her mouth, then shut it. She opened it again, and turned back towards the hall. "DAAD-- C'MERE." It wasn't quite a yell, but it was loud enough, she knew through testing, for him to hear. She blinked at the two, then motioned with her head and hand that wasn't on the door for them to come inside. She wasn't about to let them out of her sight.
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

They look at each other, nod, and come in. Your father enters in shortly after from the garage.

Comment

"Hey Daddy. " She glances over at the women, and introduces the three to each other. She thinks one of them might have blinked at her father, but wasn't certain. She reiterates what the two have told her, and asks her father about it-- if it sounded legitimate to him.
                        Her father's bluish eyes assess them, hard, but not cold or cruel. He turns back to Ananda, and says, "If what these ladies say is true, then I would expect high clearance. Mutants aren't any to play with." He turns back to them. "She isn't leaving this house until that meeting happens." Her eyes open wide in shock-- "But Dad, isn't the President busy or something?!" Later, she'd think that that had to be the dumbest thing ever said, but her father looked back at her. "You are my baby girl, and I am not about to have you in the middle of something I could've prevented. That's final."

Comment

The oriental nods and pulls out a phone. "Get me MB." ((The current president of the USA is named Marge Bluefield)) after a moment she says. "Marge, I hate to interrupt your busy schedule, but I need to set up a meeting with you. Now if possible." she listens for a moment. "Yes that is right, your pilot should be able to lock on to our GPS." listening again. "Twenty minutes?"

She looks at you "Is twenty minutes from now an acceptable time?"

Comment

Her father, obviously more used to having his day interrupted with crazy shit, nodded shortly as Ananda noticed she felt light-headed and tingly-- which mean adrenaline. Out of the window, he spots the van, and looks at Ananda. "The dogs need to be crated. They're both out in the garage." "What?" "Please go crate Ugly and Rufus, Ananda," he elucidates.
                            She edges out of the kitchen, the three of them eyeing each other.
                            ((WOW this is not where I thought this was going. Just after I made my declaration of No DSM, too! ))

Comment

When she scooted back in the door, the blue-haired woman was talking. Jas...min? Something about money. They were still standing in the kitchen, her father nodding seriously with a notepad and pen. Her father saw her out of the corner of his eye, and when Jasmin (?) was done talking, he said, "your mother's on her way." Ananda nodded, and noticed she was practically hiding behind the hutch in the hallway.
                              Ridiculous, but she felt safe here. Besides, she could do something with this wood and glass... if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X