This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3...is anyone else crashing?

Can't seem to get this dratted thing stable. 2.0.0.14 was great, and my other box is running the exact same set of addons and seems pretty stable. Ideas? Other than going back to 2, of course :-)
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Only the usual: Delete your existing profile, and use a completely new one.

Note: Been using Firefox 3 betas and release candidates. Nary a hint of a problem.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
      Only the usual: Delete your existing profile, and use a completely new one.

Note: Been using Firefox 3 betas and release candidates. Nary a hint of a problem.
      Yep, after the other box went well I decidedly that surely if I just uninstalled everything, cleaned it all up, and installed totally fresh it'd work.

Oddly enough, belatedly it seems to have settled down a bit. Nothing's changed, but not gonna knock it if it's not crashing anymore for the moment.
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Actually, that's not what I meant

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles explains it in much more detail than I will ever type up

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
          Actually, that's not what I meant
          When I uninstalled I made sure to manually check and delete my old profile. If you mean ANOTHER new one then I'll give it a try, but I made sure *everything* was gone before I installed.
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

The only crashes I've had was that FireFox 3 didn't seem to like it when I imported my bookmarks (which created doubles of every folder) and tried to delete them.

Hell, I'd live with a crash or two for the way smaller overhead. Fox 2.x was such a resource hog, my system has 2GB of ram and it would regularly take as much as it could grab. Fox 3 is holding nicely at about 90k.
            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Oh, yeah, duh. I need to install it here.

I installed at work with no problems. I just need all my addons to update!
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I updated my firefox to 3. Works fine (much faster start up than before which was one of my biggest complaint). However, it broke my dad's website. Which worked with the older version. Now I got weeks of debugging to find out what the hell firefox broke.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Best Firefox Tool Ever For Web Development:

Firebug. Get it, love it.

Comment

Well, I figure out what it was. Dang firefox even more sensitive than before. Geeeee, there is a thing such as too strict.

I'm sooo old, that I use notepad to do my html/java programming

Comment

My has crashes sometimes when I close the browser -- but that's it. And it's not even recreatable (I'll open up the last site, click the same things, close and no crash).

But they'll probably have up to 3 patches before the end of next month.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                        I'm sooo old, that I use notepad to do my html/java programming
                        What's wrong with that? Notepad is teh awesome.
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

and when I get really nuts. I'll whip out edit.

Comment

I used to use 'ted' (short for tiny editor).

That takes me back to monochrome days...

Rapscallion

Comment

Personal favorite editor: Vi Improved. Use it still today, actually. It's really nice, but definitely not for normal people

Comment

Working...
                              X