This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Ain't No Butterfly!

Background: Ms. Dytch is a second grade teacher in an after-school program. The kindergarten teacher is the Beloved Asshole of the program (she goes to the same church as the program director). She stares at her laptop for hours while her class runs riot. Recently, she was promoted to office assistant (she certainly wasn't doing any teaching!). End background.

Ms. Dytch was outside with her students collecting leaves. The students found a large green caterpillar. Ms. Dytch explained to the students that the caterpillar would soon form a cocoon and become a butterfly.

Beloved Asshole happens by.

Students: "Ms. BA, Ms. BA! Look, a caterpillar! It's going to turn into a butterfly!"

BA: "Oh it is not! Stop telling lies."

One student: "Yes it is! I read it in my book about butterflies!"

BA looks at caterpillar skeptically.

BA: "Oh yeah? Well where's the butterfly? Inside that thing?"

Ms.Dytch: "Yes, caterpillars wrap themselves in cocoons and turn into butterflies."

BA: "Humph!"

BA slouches away.

Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM.

...the hell? Definitely a good thing BA isn't teaching anymore. That one second grader is smarter than she is!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

omg ... how is that not common knowledge? o_O

Super glad BA got 'promoted' to an office setting. Poor kids!

Comment

Sweet crispy Christ on a crutch . . .

I wonder if it would make any difference if the program director somehow got wind of this episode?

Nah. What am I thinking?

Comment

If Jeff Foxworthy met BA, his response would be "Hell no!".
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

How did she get a job as a teacher in the first place??

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Knowing the answers required for the test, and having the knowledge to answer the questions on the test, are two seperate things.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Oh my word.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Here's your sign... </Bill Engvall>
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    Connections?

Yikes, my brain hurts now. I thought it was common knowledge that caterpillars turned into butterflies.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wowww, she would totally not do well in any sort of scientific field. I find it frightening that someone that dumb is allowed to be in charge of the education of others. Kids today are dumb enough without people like this making them dumber.

Funny enough, my second grade teacher raised monarch butterflies and she kept their tank in the classroom so we could all watch them go from caterpillar to cocoon to butterfly. I suppose next week this teacher will say that kittens don't turn into cats too.

Comment

Well, to be fair, some caterpillars turn into moths.

But yeah, sounds like she didn't know that either. Lord, I thought that was pretty elementary stuff.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There's a paralell to be drawn from this. If BA can't see the potential whin catepillers, she probably can't see the potential these young kids have.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                            ...the hell? Definitely a good thing BA isn't teaching anymore. That one second grader is smarter than she is!
                            New gameshow "Are you smarter than a 2nd grader"?

BA would at least guarantee one person would fail to win.
                            Last edited by PepperElf; 10-20-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X