Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice if companies would just be upfront about stuff like that. I'd much rather hear a "Thank you for your time, but we don't think you're a good fit," than a "You should hear back in a couple weeks." At least then I know not to get my hopes up.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I just wish they wouldn't keep you hanging. If they're gonna lie, why not say "You'll hear from us tommorow". They wouldn't have to be brutally honest, but they wouldn't leave you hanging either.

Comment

I agree. I wish I knew why they do that. There's no reason to. Better honesty than that. And whats worse, they used to inform you if you didn't get the job. In the last three months, I've applied for at least 30 jobs in my industry, only three bothered to reply, and only two actually bothered to say they weren't interested. Its incredibly aggravating. Since when did it become that I should kiss their butt to get the job, but its fine for them to be so rude.

Comment

I screen applications, schedule interviews and sit in on them as part of my current job. For us, if your application isn't selected for interview, you'll never hear back - there's just too many people, and only one of me, and there's no way to write letters / make phone calls to everyone on top of all my regular duties.

I usually schedule interviews over a two-week period of time, depending on how many qualify, and everyone who interviews gets a call letting them know the outcome. It just may take longer depending on how many people are still left to meet with, and how long it takes our executive director to make final approval on our choices - so in those cases, 2-3 weeks before hearing back is what we tell people to expect.

I worked several retail locations (places that are "always hiring") before getting my current job, and each time I was job-hunting it went one of two ways for everywhere I applied. Either I turned in the application and was interviewed/offered a job on the spot, or I turned it in and never heard squat back. For those kind of positions, I wouldn't expect a turnaround time more than 2-3 days.....

Comment

Working...
          X