Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How viable is a home based Desktop Publishing business in 2011?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moirae, I must thank you for starting this thread (and thank the others who replied). I also love desktop publishing as well as graphic arts and design and want to get into doing that kind of stuff. I've already done it some - I was an administrative assistant for a long time - but I would rather focus on it. This thread has given me a lot of ideas. Good luck to you, I know you'd do very well in desktop publishing!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Its Magraths.

I don't know why they did that. Its just really weird because the street name is Mayor Magrath Drive, but the management decided it was going to be Magraths as the name. Its whats on the sign to the lounge. Or at least, it was when I still lived there. I moved to the US in 2008.

That took me awhile to do but only because I was at work and constantly getting disturbed. The General Manager LOVED it when he saw it. Thats why I ended up also doing the greetings for the baskets for the VIP's, and the notices for the guests (its the thing that tells you were things are in the hotel, how to get on the net, etc).

I remember when I did the menu for the hotel I worked for previously (before the one with Magraths in it). They were floored that I could do that. They did NOT expect it to turn out as nice as it did. To my knowledge, they used that menu in the restaurant until the day the hotel was sold.

I've had a few ideas since I posted this.

I'm quite serious that I would like to do desktop publishing for a living.

I'm also considering starting a blog about gaming that I don't think is like the others out there. Lots of websites for that exist, but most of them can be considered to be kissing the gaming companies butts or they have draconian moderation tactics. I want to create something that does neither, but still allows for discussion. I'd add affiliate marketing but not for any gaming company, it would be computer companies instead (like Best Buy) because pretty much everyone, especially a gamer, needs to use computers.

The gaming thing would be more a hobby than anything else. The desktop publishing thing... that I'd love.

Comment

Working...
      X