This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for all you crafters...

My friend has found the most interesting way to recycle old plastic bags....

She makes it into yarn and crochets with it!

pretty neat and with enough different colored bags, it makes some pretty neat designs!
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

My mother-in-law does this every now and then. It is pretty cool.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

How long do the bags last though?

I ask because I'm currently cleaning out a lot of old stuff and found a couple of old plastic bags that have turned brittle and started flaking.

Comment

Down here, someone made a dress out of green bags.

I'm referring to the ones that sell for around $1 or so and are usually green or black. The reusable ones.

Well, Supre (clothing store down here that sells sluttytween clothing) gives out those bags for free (not sure if they do it anymore). So this girl had a ton of them and made a dress out of them.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

<- is the friend that makes the bags into other things. I wouldn't wash it or put them in the dryer. plastic plus heat equals bad, and water that doesn't get dried all the way is also bad

Comment

I've read of groups that crochet them into plastic mats for the homeless.

Then I Googled 'crocheting plastic bags' and One person made a pair of SANDALS ... one person made a purse ...

Comment

My Aunt does this- she made a rug for my front stoop out of blue bags. It looks great!
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X