This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes, I Wish I Could Read Minds

Just off the hop, this post is mostly venting. I don't have anyone I feel comfortable bringing this up with, so yay internet anonymity.

I met a guy, I'll call him Gunnar, at work about two years ago. We became fast friends due to a very shared hobbies and a very similar sense of humour. We hung out at least three times a week and texted/chatted on Facebook even more than that. He was had a very open mind and we seemed to be able to tell each other everything. I thought of him as my best friend, even though I never outright told him that.

Well, fast forward to April. He receives a promotion and this necessitates being transferred to a store on the other side of the city. Around the same time, he moves in with a mutual friend of ours from work. It's worth noting here that this friend is a woman (a very, VERY attractive woman) who I will call Liz. She had just recently moved to the city and needed a room-mate. Gunnar confessed to me that he was insanely attracted to Liz, but she was very forthright is telling him that they were just friends, and he seemed to be pretty happy with that. Oh, it's also worth noting here that I'm a woman too.

So throughout April, I would call or text him to see if he wanted to hang out, but he would tell me that work had been crazy and that he was tired, and so he wasn't available. I asked when a day off would be so we could set up a time to hang out. He wouldn't be able to give me a firm time and just told me he'd "catch me later".

Long story short, it's now July and I have seen him twice since April, and only ever in the company of Liz. I'm sad to say that I'm pretty heartbroken about it, as I don't have a lot of close friends and we just clicked so well. A part of my brain is trying to tell me that he replaced me with Liz - not romantically, as I have no romantic devices about him and she's told me that she honestly has no desire to be with him... But just as the "close female friend" in his life. I don't know how true that is, and I can't bring it up with Liz without sounding crazy... Every time I see her at work and ask how he's doing, she just says that he's busy.

I feel like I've lost my best friend and I have no idea why. Today, I sent him a message to try to mend fences, or even just get an answer as to why he puts forth no effort to try to hang out with me anymore, so we'll see how that goes. I'm crushed and I wish I could read his mind to find out what is going on.

Also, please, I don't really need any advice on this one. I'm just venting. Now matter how this ends up going, I know how to deal with it. I just wanted to get my pain out there instead of bottled up inside.

Thanks very much for reading.

any updates?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I wish... I know he's received it, but I don't know why he hasn't replied. It just feeds my craziness about this whole situation. It makes me think he just doesn't want to be my friend anymore, but I have absolutely no idea why.

Comment

Working...
      X