This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Club: Next Books

So, as it turns out, Rosemary and Rue wins! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...semary_and_Rue will help you get the book at a decent discount, or you can go to your library. The discussion thread for this book will open on July 1.

In the meantime, we have two questions to answer:

First question: What will we read in July? The list of options, so far, is America Walks Into A Bar, Dune, and The Diamond Age, or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer. Which other books will be nominated? What titles do you all want to see?

Second question: Answer the poll, and let me know!

ETA: Nominated titles: The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Pedersen; 06-04-2012, 02:18 AM.

One, yay! Two, my local bookstore never had Feed in (they had the follow ups but not the first, go figure) and no time to get to the library means I'll be grabbing that book as soon as I can. Three, I nominate Sophie's World next.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

oohh im torn as to what to nominate....

The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Okay, so now we need two more titles. The valid categories to choose for nominating a title are this:
        • A book that is available in the library.
        • A book that is available in stores.
        • A book that can be legally downloaded online

I know, it's a pretty restrictive list. I hope we can find another title or two that will fit it.

Comment

About an hour after I nominated Dune last month, I thought of another book I wanted to nominate. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

50 Shades of Grey?
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Please don't be serious....

pleaseohpleaseohplease
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                Please don't be serious....

pleaseohpleaseohplease
                I WAS kidding

I've heard Ellen DeGeneres do a reading of it. She wound up putting "euphenisms in there" such as "secret garden" and he took out his "ballpeen hammer"....have a guess what they refer to really?
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  he took out his "ballpeen hammer"....have a guess what they refer to really?
                  I dunno, give what I've heard about it, I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was an actual hammer.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    Okay, so now we need two more titles. The valid categories to choose for nominating a title are this:
                    • A book that is available in the library.
                    • A book that is available in stores.
                    • A book that can be legally downloaded online
                    What about a book that can be legally downloaded online... For free? (And may also be in the library and in stores.)

Accelerando - Charles Stross's chonicle of future history.

Makers - by Cory Doctorow. What happens when 3D printers get good and manufacturing becomes a cottage industry? (Most of Cory Doctorow's books are available for free download.)

A Hymn Before Battle - The first book of John Ringo's epic series of a galaxy at war. The rest of the books in this series are all available for free, although finding them may be a chore; I can put them up if necessary. There are many more excellent books available in the Baen Free Library also.)

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                      ...Baen Free Library...
                      I think you mean The Baen of my Life... (and my printer... I am not going to try reading an e-book in the tub, let alone my lappie!)
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        I am not going to try reading an e-book in the tub, let alone my lappie!)
                        That's why you need a ruggedized tablet!

(Seriously, I don't understand why no one's making one; it's not like parents aren't giving tablets to children, and having to replace them once they get smashed.)

(Just looked on the net, and actually, there are a bunch out there; why aren't they more readily available?)

Comment

<bump> are we ready to start voting? *poke Pedersen*
                          Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                          Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                          Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

I am sorry, this past week has been crazy busy. Due to that, I've been late in even getting the poll set up for July. it is up now, though. Check it out at http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/6...ail?type=group

Comment

And the winner for July is .... America Walks Into a Bar!

Surprised me, actually. Still, let's get those spines cracked

Comment

Working...
                              X