This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    As an often played medic, i have to say, that guy was a bloody idiot.
    I forgot to mention - when I was yelling at the idiot medic to heal me so I could kill the demo and save his life he was trying to fight him with his bone saw. In a tight corridor. It wasn't sticky bombs or a pipe to the face that killed him. It was the pills that were on the ground and at his feet as he continued to try and hacksaw the demoman. Arg.

I really try to stick to the No Heroes or Reddit servers in TF2 as other servers tend to look like this but sometimes those servers are full or completely empty and I have no choice. It's nice for getting kills on my strange weapons or just messing around without being serious, but sometimes I just want to play a legit game of TF2. Semi-serious. Not to act like it's an invite ESEA match but just for each team to want to win and want to work together.

But to stay on topic I have another quote of mine from Borderlands when my fiance and I are playing co-op.

"penis penis penis penis penis penis penis"

I spam the hell out of the chat with that. It is ridiculously immature, but his reaction is too amusing for me to stop. So I never will. Ever.

Comment

In D3 while tooling around Whimsyshire last night:

"Oh, look, a mini unicorn. This is gonna hurt."

(note: a pack of four named [Elite] mini-unicorns that proceeded to stomp me flat)

"Where do you think you're going; I haven't finished killing you, yet."

[whisper to a friend] "You know, whoever whined about D3 not being dark enough deserves a prize or something for inspiring this zone. "

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

"I demand a pube channel."

Rapscallion

Comment

Not a quote as such, more of a hilarious happening; whenever I played "Crazy Taxi", I always used to laugh whenever I drove into the sea and saw a guy standing on the seabed in an aqualung waiting for a taxi.

Also the vicar, if you drop him off at the church in mega quick time, exclaims, "You're one hell of a driver." XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Well, if we're going with fave quotes from video games, my favorite will always be the following:

It makes the corners round.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'll normally shout "GAME!!!!!!!!" when playing Final Fantasy's and keep getting random battles I dont want

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                Fallout New Vegas, fifty cat size praying mantises appear: AAAAHHH KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Fallout 3, Liberty Prime: HELL YEAH
                My reaction was when Liberty Prime opened fire.
                "Holy crap I'm blind (screen whited-out for a second or two)...wait... wasn't there... stuff... there before?"

New Vegas - "So... I just found the definition of Overkill"
                - I'd shot a lightly armoured human enemy... with a .50cal rifle... and had accidentally left explosive rounds on...
                "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Favorite thing I've ever said while playing a game... usually shouted while playing a First Person Shooter... while pissed off at the bad guys and thus usually followed immediately thereafter by me unleashing Hell by lobbing loads of grenades or rockets in their general direction!

"Come get some! I'm giving it away for free!!!"

And although this wasn't the original intent of this thread, these are too good to NOT post them...

Favorite Quotes from Within a Video Game:

Quotes from Scooter (Borderlands, he runs the Catch-A-Ride business, from which you can obtain vehicles to use in your travels) --
                  • "Okay, this Mad Mel guy. I know him. He's the one that's been stealing all my runners and puttin' them in the hands of those jaggoffs. Hey, you say hello from Scooter ... and by that, I mean you just go murder the crap out of him, alright?"
                  • "Hey, this is Scooter saying, four wheels is better than... than uh, zero... wheels... Hey, have fun!"
                  • "Shit and meatballs! Didn't think I'd ever see your dumb ass again! Did you really open the Vault? Did that Steele chick take her clothes off yet? I need details though."
                  • "Alright! What I'm gonna need is a X-372 Supercharger, but not the 373... there was a recall on that thing on account a people burning alive and shit. Also, a big 'ole tank of nitrous, and one of them fancy exhaust booger things. I don't even know what it does, man."
                  • "Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster! That's gonna be sweet!" - Upon finding the supercharger
                  • "Scooter here. Just a heads up that those Crimson d-bags set up some road blocks on the highway. Just get your murder on and we'll pretend nobody saw nothin'."
                  • "Lucky's an old buddy of mine - and by old buddy I mean asshole that ruined my momma's girl parts. Sounds like he's in trouble so you go on ahead and try and keep him alive long enough so I can kill him at a later occasion."
                  • "Hey, is Lucky only sending you on missions that like, destroy my stuff? Seriously, I think he's putting bad guys in runners just so you can get onto blowin' them up."
                  • "Oh, he had you blow up some of my rides? Bandits or no, those were some pristine tail-getting' machines."
                  • "Thanks for keepin' that dickbag alive long enough for me to pound on later. Much as it pains me to admit, Lucky knows the area better than anyone. Might wanna use him whilst he's alive from me not having killed him and all."
                  • "Just a quick note about Moxxi in the event you ain't met her. She's got a peculiar streak in 'er. Loves the lime light, but she ain't as sketchy as she appears to be on stage. ... Oh, almost forgot, she's my Mom. So you treat her right or I'll bury you where I buried Lucky. Yeah, I killed him, don't act all surprised. I told you I was gonna do it."

Quotes from Marcus Kincaid (The first Non Player Character you meet in Borderlands, he runs all the Guns & Ammo shops and vending machines on Pandora) --
                  • "A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine."
                  • "Guns! Fresh guns for sale!"
                  • "Don't know who to trust? You can always trust the gun at your side!"
                  • "Whether you are killing bad guys or exploring the unknown, you need a trusty gun by your side!"
                  • "You can't ever be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed."
                  • "If it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jakobs!"
                  • "Is shooting bullets just not cool enough for you? Get a Maliwan, and light some people on fire!"
                  • "Vladof! You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets!"

Sorry for deviating slightly from the topic, I'm just hopelessly addicted to Borderlands and its whacky sense of humor! Is it September 18th yet?
                  "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                  --StanFlouride

Comment

From when I was playing one of the Twisted Metal games (forget which). "There is no running from Spectre!"

..and there really wasn't. He was weak, but his weapon just about never missed, and would chase an enemy down.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I've been playing a lot of Sacred 2 on the 360 lately. A lot of times, my nephew (bless him for getting me into the 360 and the game) will play with me via XBox live. One of our most frequent exclamations happens when we're surrounded by a large group of enemies, all attacking us at once. At that point, either of us is prone to shouting, "HALP! I'M GETTING GANG BANGED HERE!" During one gaming session with the nephew, his character died as a result of a large group of enemies attacking us. As he went about the resurrection process, he yelled to me, "LIVE, BrenDAnn! Survive! Run! You have to LIVE!" Ten seconds later...I died. Nephew tends to lead when we're doing quests. He also tends to go the wrong direction...a lot. My response when he figures it out, and cusses about it, is, "Hey, I was just playing follow the leader. Not my fault you didn't know where the fuck you were going!" At one point, riding a horse through a desert map, I saw some large spider enemies and screamed, "Holy SHIT! Spiders bigger than my horse! Seriously, dude! Spiders. Bigger. Than. My. HORSE!"

Playing on my own, I curse at the enemies a lot. Also, I tend to advise them that "You know, charging directly at me is really NOT in your best interest" as I'm killing them. I also tend to utter a lot of, "What the fuck is THAT?" and, when shot at/having knives thrown at me from a distance, "Motherfucker, stop throwing shit at me!" Tonight, when looking at the location of a quest marker on the map, I paused, furrowed a brow, and asked, "And just how the fuck am I supposed to get up THERE?" Yes, I found my way, but it was still a puzzling moment. I'm sure I'll have a lot more fun, amusing gaming quotes to come!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Funniest quote I've found in a video game is from Final Fantasy X when Tidus talks to a kid in Kilika:

"I'm gonna be a blitzball when I grow up!"
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My funniest video game quote is probably one of those 'you had to be there' ones. In WoW, I was part of a 10-man strict raiding guild, and Lich King was still reasonably new. We were working our way through Icecrown Citadel and were engaging Thorim.

In that fight, your group splits into 2 teams. One of them holds the arena floor against things that jump down, the other team runs 'the gauntlet', a hallway with assorted mobs and other dangers to get actually TO the boss, tag him, and bring him down to the arena floor. I was on the gauntlet team, as per usual; as a hunter I have pretty damn good burst damage which is what you want there.

The twist is that there's a second sort-of boss (but not really because you don't get to kill her) with Thorim for the first minute or so after the fight has been started. Normal procedure is to wait for her to leave, tag him, and kill him. Hard mode is engaged when you tag him before she's gone, which causes her to join in the fight adding lots of random damage to the team.

We did not intend, that time, to engage hard mode. But our gauntlet team was damn good.

The fight is going right along, when suddenly over ventrilo is heard, maybe a tenth of a second before Thorim roars and jumps down to the arena "Oh SHIT Sif's still up!" "WHAT?!" (from the raid leader) and then pandemonium. We tried, amid the panic and fall-out-of-our-chairs laughing, and darn near beat the fight. We spent the next 10 or 15 minutes cracking up over it, then rezzed, rebuffed, and took Thorim out.
                          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

So, still playing D3. Since I'm a pack rat, I end up spending a good chunk of time going over crap in my stash. Which means that the companions spend a good chunk of time whining about me not going out and doing stuff. My fave of all of them is out of the Scoundrel (he really does have all the best lines, and the voice acting is tops).

"If we stand here much longer, I am going to rob you. Just so you know."

^-.-^

Comment

The only one that comes to mind for me was one that happened about a decade ago in a bowling alley, and was said by a friend...

I was playing Ms. Pac Man on a machine with a really fast speed-up kit (picture the game at what is normally maximum speed, starting at the first board and only getting faster from there -- I actually play *better* on these units). I was apparently doing well, I only knew that I had cycled through all of the possible "bonus fruits" a couple or three times or better (they change every level)...on my first life.

After a few minutes of standing there watching me, as I was noncommunicative and apparently "in the zone", he goes...

T: "Hey, Eric...?"

me: *noncommittal grunt"

T: "At what point do the ghosts stop turning blue?!"
                              Last edited by EricKei; 07-10-2012, 05:54 AM. Reason: year, decade, century...they're all the same to me
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X