Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close to moocher is your boyfriend? Because if moocher now has to pay fines or legal fees, I bet you can guess the first person he is gonna hit up for money right? Sounds to me like you have put up with moocher longer than anyone should be expected to, and for your sake I hope these legal troubles dont make things worse by giving him yet another excuse as to why he sucks at life.

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
      How close to moocher is your boyfriend? Because if moocher now has to pay fines or legal fees, I bet you can guess the first person he is gonna hit up for money right? Sounds to me like you have put up with moocher longer than anyone should be expected to, and for your sake I hope these legal troubles dont make things worse by giving him yet another excuse as to why he sucks at life.
      I thought BF wasn't working? If he isn't working then he probably doesn't have the spare money to loan out.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth scary cary View Post
        Update: Moocher is in jail for theft. Has a court date tomorrow.

Hope he can get his life back on track so I don't have to deal with him.
        What was he charged with stealing? If it's something from someone he was staying with or hanging out with, hopefully your boyfriend will get the hint.

And hopefully, you won't have to deal with him at all, whether or not he gets his life back on track.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
          Moocher's health problems and lack of employment are not your problem and his "woe is me, I have no place else to go" sob stories are nothing but good old-fashioned manipulation. You owe him nothing. Moocher is entitled to nothing. And if your boyfriend doesn't like it, he and Moocher can go be unemployed and entitled somewhere else.
          I second this, although I don't know whether you want to get as hardass as that with your BF ... I would, but then I'm not exactly a great example when it comes to relationships.

"But what am I gonna DOOOO?!"

"I dunno. What are YOU going to do?"

Comment

Hey guys! As far as moochers legal fees: he's willing to serve time. Jail is a place to stay, after all. One of his big problems is staying sober, and jail certainly helps with that as well. Even if he's not willing to serve time BF knows he's on thin ice with me already and is not willing to cough up the cash for Moocher.

Moocher has been charged with theft before, if he hasn't got enough money for whatever he wants/needs from the shop he'll steal it. He's banned from goodness knows how many grocery stores around the area. He gets food stamps, but sells them for 50 cents on the dollar so he can get cash and buy booze. So after his food stamp money is gone he steals food

Interesting how so many people have had a moocher in their lives at some point or another. This is the 1st moocher I've ever come across, and hopefully the last!

Comment

Hey guys! As far as moochers legal fees: he's willing to serve time. Jail is a place to stay, after all. One of his big problems is staying sober, and jail certainly helps with that as well. Even if he's not willing to serve time BF knows he's on thin ice with me already and is not willing to cough up the cash for Moocher.
              You and BF are doing moocher a favor. Three hots and a cot as we say here in Chicagoland. Let him hit bottom and he'll get his act together or die trying...either way you and BF are no longer enabling.
              He's banned from goodness knows how many grocery stores around the area. He gets food stamps, but sells them for 50 cents on the dollar so he can get cash and buy booze.
              He's getting a better deal there than I've seen. Back in my Uptown days (big mistake living there) I was offered food stamps and use of ILINK (Illinois' EBT at that time) for as little as 10 cents on the dollar.
              Interesting how so many people have had a moocher in their lives at some point or another. This is the 1st moocher I've ever come across, and hopefully the last!
              It probably won't be...but at least you'll know how to deal with them in the future.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So nice to see some justice for Moocher.

In my family moochers are celebrated, unfortunately. *sigh* I won't rehash the story here though.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Update on the update: Moocher will not be out of jail until October 1st.

Comment

Looks like a fun summer! Well, for you....probably not so much for Moocher.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Just my two cents.

I'm all for trying to help out a person in a one-off situation, especially if it isn't all brought on themselves by being an ass. However, if they don't at least try (and really try, not just make a show of going thru the motions) to get themselves out of their situation on a permanent basis, then that's it. Not my problem.

I have limited resources myself. Any money I can use to help someone is treated the same as the rest of my money - I want to make it go as far as it can. Therefore, I'd rather help 10 people thru a one-off problem, and help them get back on their feet again, instead of helping the same person 10 times, and making no long term difference at all.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X