This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd/Unusual Movie descriptions

Misprints/etc welcome also. Just seen the description of the movie Brain Dead (another zombie flick). See if you can spot the problem.

In this low-budget horror flick from director Kevin Tenney, a sleepy fishing port town is consumed with terror when a small crater crash-lands nearby and releases a slimy parasitic agent that transforms the residents into brain-eating zombies. Cornered in an abandoned fishing lodge, six strangers are forced to band together to stave off the blood-sucking monsters clawing the walls outside. Joshua Benton and Sarah Grant Brendecke star.

Now I admit, it was a description on Netflix (paid for by my cousin to give me something to do)..so there will probably be more if I should find them.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Wow. A whole crater crash lands?!? O.O

Wait... "blood-sucking?" When'd the zombies get replaced with vampires?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Misprints/etc welcome also. Just seen the description of the movie Brain Dead (another zombie flick). See if you can spot the problem.

In this low-budget horror flick from director Kevin Tenney, a sleepy fishing port town is consumed with terror when a small crater crash-lands nearby and releases a slimy parasitic agent that transforms the residents into brain-eating zombies. Cornered in an abandoned fishing lodge, six strangers are forced to band together to stave off the blood-sucking monsters clawing the walls outside. Joshua Benton and Sarah Grant Brendecke star.

Now I admit, it was a description on Netflix (paid for by my cousin to give me something to do)..so there will probably be more if I should find them.
      How can a crater crash-land? That's my guess as to the problem.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Both of you are correct. Andara spotted the second problem, though that one is not as worthy lol. I've seen a few others, but lost them and can't find them again..I am sure that I will though. Though the streaming section of the service leaves a lot to be desired.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

This one speaks for itself.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fb125.jpg

Comment

*laughs* I think Netflix is finding and correcting the odd descriptions..movies I know had misprints/etc now do not.

Comment

My favourite movie description was in the U.K.'s version of TV Guide.

BG for the US - Over there, at least a decade ago, Christmas day was when all the TV stations try to show the newest & best movies - often this was the first time they aired on TV after being shown at the cinema. So in this context, a "Christmas movie" is just a regular movie airing, probably on TV the first time, at Christmas.
              End BG

So, all the other reviews were long and detailed, but this one review simply said
              "Turn on the oven, it's another Christmas turkey".

I can't even recall the movie, but I just loved that review - brief and to the point

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I have not personally seen this one. I just read the article about it yesterday: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...envelope_.html

It's the description on the Netflix sleeve for "Woman Under the Influence".
                Cassavetes gives us experiences as complex, demanding, and intense as life itself. Most films tell us what to know and feel, what things mean. The result is a slight but decisive abstraction from everything in them. These movies are about an experience, rather than giving us the experience itself. Rather than plunging us headlong into life, these movies tell us about life the way reading an essay about an experience is entirely different from having the experience. Cassavetes takes away the aboutness, the abstraction. To watch one of his movies is not to learn about a group of characters and situations, but to have something very close to the kind of experiences we would have if we were actually in similar situations with similar figures.
                Apparently, the paragraph was actually just plagiarized from a book about John Cassavetes.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                X