Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off congrats on surviving....survive for many more years to come!

Secondly I have a machine that runs Ubuntu Mint but I haven't tried connecting to CSChat on it so far....I am linux stupid but am trying to learn. I will experiment with that and see how far I get at some point soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

*sigh* So. Apparently, the reason I couldn't use the regular JWChat? I, um, had my username entered wrong. For months. *dies of embarrassment*
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I am so bad at usernames and passwords you can't believe it, LOL. I just got locked out of my longtime YouTube account for reasons I still haven't figured out!

In any case, congratulations on making it to 30, and here's wishing you many more milestone birthdays! I love the idea of a virtual party as well.

Joi, I never attempted to throw a lot of parties, but I had the same problems with the few 'events' I did try to organize. I finally gave up. Perhaps someday I'll try again. I once had a Christmas 'come and go' type of thing, and the same thing happened -- hardly any of my invitees showed up. I think that was the last one I bothered with.

Trust me, it's not you.

Comment

It looks like I now have 7-8 people coming to the party. Still not nearly as many as I'd hoped, but better than 3. Not sure what to hope for, at this point. I may not have any money to throw a party with, depending on unemployment. But...we'll see.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Ok, this thread is incredibly ironic. Why? Because my 31st birthday is in a few days. I got nothing for my 30th--a small dinner with a few family was it. So this year I decided to go big. I put in for a party package with a local entertainment center--go karts, lazer tag, mini golf, and bumper boats, plus pizza and drinks over 4 hours. Invited over 30 people. How many have responded? Like 10. And only 5 said "yes". I also never seem to get anyone who can be bothered to come to any event I try to organize or set up. It's really depressing to feel like people just don't care about you, and I've felt that way for a long time. I've tried expressing this, but people just...don't...seem...to...CARE that I feel that way. So you see, you aren't alone.

Comment

May your celebration be an improvement over my 30th. There was an apartment fire the day before and I spent it wiping soot off of everything I had in this world at that time.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you guys. No one seems to be able to make it all at once if I plan a big party. One of the main reasons: it's not that they don't like *me*, they don't like each other! So now I throw a few small parties with each group of friends spread out through birthday week. REALLY works better that way

Comment

Working...
                X