This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music camp!

So my friend is working day shift, so she has someone else running music camp this year.

And they moved it to this week. I only found out about it Thursday. Frantically packing up things today.

At least she's really impressed with all the work I do. She thought I only did the props and when we talked yesterday I told her that no, I do props and sets and sew costumes and help out during the show. Her eyes were like

So here's hoping I don't have any stories of snotty kids this week, but if I do, I will be sure to share.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

This one time at band camp....

yeah someone had to say it....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      This one time at band camp....

yeah someone had to say it....
      You're just flaute-ing your experience.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

So far so good. After spending most of the morning trying to rein in my son, he decided he'd rather learn songs and play with the other kids.

The only ones who didn't even get to look as costumes was the high schoolers because they couldn't sit down and shut up for long enough. So I have to do those tomorrow.

The kindergarteners are sheep this year, so I bought quilt batting and goggly eyes to make costumes for them tomorrow.

It looks like we actually have people willing to help with the sets and props this year, so I might get a break *cross fingers*

And some of the other adults finally decided to listen to me and sort the pre-made costumes out of the piles of uncut fabric and other props. So we spent a couple of hours sorting things out.

(Seriously imagine 10 of those huge Rubbermaid tubs fill of random stuff and not sorted out.) *shudder*

Oh and someone kept my sign for the costume room last year. It was a photo of the world's most interesting man and it said "I don't always attend music camp, but when I do, I attend (church's) music camp"

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to crash for a few minutes before I pick up daughter and hubby.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
          (Seriously imagine 10 of those huge Rubbermaid tubs fill of random stuff and not sorted out.) *shudder*
          Sounds like the community theater I help out with occasionally, at least before my friend got ahold of it....
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Between myself and some of the other adult volunteers, we got the highschoolers to behave.

Found out that someone had gone into our camp storage area and thrown out our huge wooden backgrounds. So now we need to build things from scratch. The director threw out my idea of using fabric as a draped backdrop. (We need a blue sky.) Because the prop budget is too small. I understand this is a zero budget thing, but I've already shelled out $60 of my own money for costumes and supplies. I always end up spending around $100 every year on things without an argument, but don't shoot me down when I've been the only person doing props and costumes for 3 years. I kinda know what I'm talking about by now.

That and my son throwing tantrums and not listening *sigh*

I'm hoping hubs is in a better mood today. Yesterday I was exhausted and he got all pissy with me because I was too tired to whip up a fancy dinner for him.

Comment

Working...
            X