This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who done it. (ooc)

This is a different kind of game, that is going to have some rules/complications . It is of course a 'murder mystery'. There needs to of course be participants..but also a 'keeper' (somebody to keep me honest), and a murderer (sorry you don't get to volunteer for this..I will pm the one who is going to be such that they are such). Somebody who is not playing, but can stand a few PM's from me with the details of who buys it next.

All other communication between players MUST happen in the game (in the OoC or IC). That is one of the complications as it will be on the honor code.

Here is the way the game is played. Each night one person will 'die'. Before my first post, each player will send me which room (I will get to the rooms) they will be in. The murderer will send me a pm as to which room they will strike in (they do not get to chose who they kill..just a room), and which room they are currently in. I will send the information to the keeper. Now no murder will take place under either of two conditions. The murderer has too many people around them, OR the room they chose has more then two people in it. The murderer has an advantage as their coming and goings will NOT be seen if there is only one other person in the room they start in, and two people may be present in the room they strike in..

Each player who survives, gets to try to guess who done it at the dinner that evening. Then a 'survivor' is voted off (each person's guess counts as a vote..whoever has the most votes is sent away). When the killer is voted off..the game ends (and if enough people are interested we begin again with a new killer and a new keeper). A keeper is only needed IF the players do not feel as if I will in any way 'cheat'. The keeper will know who is the killer, etc. They would call me out if anything is awry. I myself will of course not participate..I am the 'narrator' if you will..telling each person as they die (and thus eliminating them from the game). SO....who is down?!

P.S Here is the 10 rooms of the mansion! (not counting bathrooms )

Kitchen, Den, Bedroom West, Bedroom East, Master Bedroom, Living room, dining room, Ball room, Foyer, and Grand entrance.
    Last edited by Mytical; 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

So sort of like Clue. I would be interested ( I Love a Mystery) but I am not online "every" night.

Also, the "two conditions under which a murder wouldn't take place" sound almost identical (ie: if the murderer has too many people around him/her, they would also be in a room with more than 2 people in it).

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

*nods* Yes, that is the gist of it. Didn't really know how to word it otherwise. Just remember a murder can take place when two people are in a room..just not three. Ie they can leave unnoticed by one other person, and kill a person with one other person in the room and not get caught..but if there are three people in Either the target room, or the room that the murderer starts out at...

Oh and the 'killer' would wait to send me which room to strike..while they won't know who is where, I will let them know which rooms are 'occupied' (not how many people are in the room or who). No sense in trying to strike an empty room.

Oh and while all discussion about the game should be in IC or OoC only..feel free to make allies/etc
      Last edited by Mytical; 07-10-2012, 08:53 PM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hehe, I suggested something like this game awhile ago, but the timing was....uh.....terrible. I'll join!
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
        X